This smoky, spicy and super easy 5 ingredient Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio recipe is perfect for the bacon lover! Learn how to make this traditional Italian recipe in exactly 20 minutes from start to finish.
Please tell me you are a bacon lover! Because then we can be best friends for life. My love for bacon is passionate and strong. Which is evident in the two recipes with bacon I have on the blog. Great going Richa. Today I’m changing all of that with this 5 ingredient bacon spaghetti aglio olio for the bacon lover in you!
Denver says that his favorite dish ever is a simple Spaghetti Aglio Olio. I didn’t even know that till recently Since I’m a super loving wife and all, I decided to take things up a notch or two. Presenting Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio. Denver’s reaction: *continues stuffing his face* while I ask him if he likes it.
This is one of those recipes that you should always have in your back pocket because it’s the quickest way to get a hot, tasty meal on the table. The only major time involved is cooking the spaghetti, and if you already have some cooked spaghetti in the fridge, then it’s a matter of 5 minutes.
I first tried this at a fancy hotel a loooong time ago and was amazed at how delicious something so simple can taste. Even before I decided to make a variation of this classic Italian pasta with bacon, I knew it would work. First, everything works with bacon. Second, EVERYTHING works with bacon
The only pre-requisite to this fabulous recipe is to get quality ingredients. Since there are only 5 ingredients, it’s important to use ingredients that really shine. It’s also important to cook everything just right. Don’t overcook your spaghetti or it’ll become a mushy noodle which is not appetizing at all. Don’t buy very fatty bacon or you will have too much fat and no bacon.
I know some of you are vegetarians so you can skip the bacon and just make plain, simple Spaghetti Aglio Olio.
BTW I bought a new Cast Iron pan last weekend. Yes, yet another one. I have a total of three now, all in varying sizes and I love each and everyone of them! Needless to say, I’ve been using the new Lodge pan every chance I get. Case in point: Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio. I think I spend waaay more money on kitchen equipment than I do on food Make me stooooooop.
Are you a Bacon lover? Try These Recipes:
- Spicy Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Rosemary Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- Sauteed Brown Sugar Bacon Garlic Green Beans
- 15 Bacon Recipes that will give you reason to celebrate!
Follow me on Pinterest to get more bacon recipes!
Watch Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio Recipe Video
5 Ingredient Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio
- 400 grams Spaghetti
- 6 Strips Bacon diced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil optional
- 6 - 7 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/4 cup Parsley fresh , finely chopped
- Boil spaghetti in salted water as per package directions until al dente. Reserve cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat a large pan or skillet and add the diced bacon to it. Cook till the bacon is slightly crisp and light brown. Remove bacon on a plate with a slotted spoon, reserving bacon fat in the pan. Leave the flame on.
- Add olive oil to the pan, if using, along with the chopped garlic. Saute for a minute or so and add the chili flakes. Cook for 30 seconds and add the reserved pasta water. Bring this to a boil and continue boiling till the liquid reduces by half.
- Add spaghetti, salt and bacon to the pan, and cook till the liquid is reduced to a thick sauce which coats the pasta. Stir in parsley and let it rest for five minutes before serving.