An easy 15 minute recipe for lazy nights when you crave some pasta goodness which comes through best in spaghetti! This Mushroom Spaghetti Aglio Olio is a really quick and comforting meal involving really less ingredients. Its perfect for meatless weeknights!
Favorite pasta time peeps! Also featuring my favorite veggie – mushrooms in this 15 minute mushroom spaghetti aglio olio.
Just letting you in on a secret – we end up doing an aglio olio pasta at least once a week. It’s our lazy dinner night when we don’t really want to do any chopping or too much cooking and would much rather spend that time slouching on the couch in our pyjamas and watching Netflix. Are you with me?
We are such pros at spaghetti aglio olio now that these days it’s all about variations. The classic aglio olio does make an appearance once in awhile, but let’s see what else we can do with it. Enter Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio which is still my favorite but currently topping the charts has to be this Mushroom Spaghetti Aglio Olio. I even have a super quick video to show you how to make this
Watch How to Make Mushroom Spaghetti Aglio Olio Video
We always have spaghetti in the kitchen cupboard, obviously. We are a carb loving family. And there is nothing to this recipe except spaghetti, good quality extra virgin olive oil, some parsley (dried or fresh) and chilli flakes. Which is why it’s so easy to do variations! We recently did a Goan Chorizo Sausage version which was mind blowing (coming up soon).
BTW what’s on your Netflix watching list these days? I swear I’m so addicted that these days I can’t sleep without watching an episode. No judging please. Though somedays I’m so tired that I wake up mid-episode to me drooling all over Denver’s shoulder. Not a pretty picture there. But he deals with it. For the night. The next day, there is some serious leg pulling.
The aglio olio, any version of it, is really Denver’s favorite, which is why I love making it so often. I think he’s a secret gourmand who loves the finer things in life. Unlike me who is mostly a glutton and will stuff her face with anything, any time of the day.
But seriously guys, this one’s perfect for nights when all you want to do is slouch and watch. Who’s with me here?
An easy, 15 minute recipe where the traditional Spaghetti Aglio Olio is dressed up with sautéed Mushrooms. Perfect for meatless weeknights and a hit with the kids!
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 1 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams Mushrooms (cleaned and cut in half)
- 4 – 5 Cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli (Flakes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley (dried)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- Salt to taste
- Boil spaghetti in salted water as per package instructions until al dente.
- While the spaghetti is boiling, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add mushrooms. Saute on medium high heat for a few minutes till golden brown on all sides.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the remaining olive oil, garlic and chilli flakes. Saute for about a minute, making sure not to burn the garlic and add spaghetti, butter, parsley and salt. Toss well till the herbs coat the spaghetti and the butter has melted. Serve hot with some crusty bread and a salad.