Learn how to make this super easy 5 Ingredient White and Dark Chocolate Rose Pistachio Bark for when you’re suddenly craving some homemade chocolate goodness or just want to gift a loved one some of it! It takes 20 minutes and easy 5 steps for this beautiful piece of dessert to come together!
What would you know! Three days of being sick made me crave something I never crave normally – chocolate. I don’t know if it was the vile taste of medicine in my mouth or the fact that I read Chocolat for the umpteenth time. But I woke up today craving this White and Dark Chocolate Rose Pistachio Bark. It looks beautiful and complicated but takes a total of 5 ingredients, 20 minutes and 5 steps to make this gorgeous thing!
It’s such a simple recipe that the only thing you need to worry about are the ingredients. I recommend the best quality chocolate and dry fruits that you can find because that’s all there is to it. The rose petals should be fragrant and naturally dried so that each bite lends you a beautiful whiff.
I always have some almonds and pistachios in the fridge because Denver and I have this habit of snacking on them. Probably the only healthy habit we have.
Since achieving food blogger status, I have been focusing more and more on where I get my ingredients from. Considering our exceptionally high consumption of dry fruits, I’ve been looking for an online store where I can order my regular supply. When a friend recommended Place of Origin, I was intrigued because of their story. Here’s what they say-
‘We all love great food. But getting great food requires great effort. Remote places. Cities we don’t frequently travel to. Inadequate baggage allowance. Standing in queues. Strict timings. Chaotic traffic. Impossible parking. Stockouts. Our objective? To get you easier access to these legendary foods.’
Man! It’s as if they were listening to me. I’m all for travelling to great places to look for my favorite ingredient. But reality check, I ain’t going nowhere except my living room! Place of Origin makes it really simple for lazy bums like me to get the best ingredients straight home.
These rose buds were sent by mum who knows my love for all things pretty. And the white chocolate came courtesy my friend Ash who is the funniest, cutest, red lipstick wearing thing you’ll ever meet! Follow her on twitter for a daily dose of funny.
There you have it – my story behind all the ingredients in this recipe. Coming back to this indulgent chocolate bark, it’s the simplest piece of handmade chocolate that you can boast about. Just between you and me – nobody will ever know that this wasn’t laboured, back breaking work.
It also makes for a gorgeous gift. Just cut the chocolate into shards or circles or your favorite shape once it’s set and pack it in cellophane and there you have it – homemade gifting!
More Homemade Desserts:
- Chocolate Brownies
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Jars
- Intense Eggless Chocolate Mousse
- Lemon Blueberry Cake Bars
5 Ingredient White and Dark Chocolate Rose Pistachio Bark
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 50 grams Chocolate White
- 1/4 cup Pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup Almonds chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Rose Petals dried
- Start by roasting the pistachios and almonds in the oven for 7-8 minutes at 150 degrees till you get a nutty aroma.
- Add dark chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for a minute on high. Stir with a spatula and if not completely melted, microwave in spurts of 20 seconds till the chocolate is smooth and melted. Do the same with white chocolate but since the quantity is less, start with 45 seconds.
- Whisk each chocolate slightly with a spatula till shiny and smooth (separately, do not mix both).
- Take a silicon baking mat or piece of parchment and spread out the dark chocolate in a thin layer. Drizzle with the white chocolate and sprinkle with pistachios, almonds and rose petals.
- Leave the silicon mat on a cool surface for an hour till it sets completely. If the weathers a bit warm, you can also leave the chocolate in the freezer for five minutes to start the process. Cut into shards and enjoy!