Here’s an All-In Sunday Veggie Pasta because weekends were made for us to put all the veggies sitting in the fridge into a skillet and make some quick and comforting pasta while catching up on our favorite TV shows! This easy, breezy and super cheesy recipe keeps that Sunday spirit alive and is for the lazy foodies out there!
Sunday’s are meant for lazing around. Wake up late, have a big brunch, get back under the covers and surface only in the evening is a routine we strictly follow every Sunday. Which leaves little time for groceries or meal planning. But who cares, because Sunday’s are also for lazy, dump everything-in dinners. Like this All-In Sunday Veggie Pasta, made in a skillet while catching up on our favorite TV show.
Which happens to be Narcos! If you still haven’t checked it out, you are missing out on some major bad guy-good cop-crazy-awesomeness. Unfortunately, they’ve only released one season and we are going to finish it pretty soon at this rate. So if you have any recommendations for what we should watch next, please leave a comment and save us from Sunday boredom. You will be doing us a BIG favour.
Let’s get back to this bubbling, creamy, warming, comforting pasta which is our BIG LAZY Sunday secret. It solves all our Sunday problems when we enter the kitchen wondering what to make for dinner. You basically dump all the veggies you have in your refrigerator, stir in sauce and cooked pasta, layer with some cheese and let it bubble away while you sip some wine, and put your feet up. Sounds easy? And pretty Sunday-ish? We think so too.
And why am I posting this recipe on a Tuesday? Because I was too lazy to post it on Sunday. HA.
If you try this out, give me a holler on Instagram, tag your food pictures #myfoodstories and we’ll exchange notes about our favorite TV shows. Deal?
More Veggie Pastas:
- Pasta in Jalapeno Pesto
- Tomato Basil Pasta
- White Sauce Pasta with Vegetables
- Vegetarian Lasagna with Step by Step Directions
All-In Sunday Veggie Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Fusilli Dry Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Spinach roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour or Maida
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Barilla's Basilico Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- A few sprigs Basil Fresh
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and garlic. Stir fry for a minute and add the sliced mushrooms. Switch the heat to high and saute mushrooms till golden brown on both sides.
- Add flour and cook for a minute. Pour milk in slowly while stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Keep stirring (use a whisk if you like to make sure the flour mixes well with the milk) and bring this to a boil. The sauce will start to thicken.
- Reduce heat and add the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes and add the pasta sauce, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the pasta and spinach till the sauce coats the pasta evenly. Add some more milk and stir if the sauce is too thick.
- Top with grated cheese, and cover and cook for 3-4 minutes till the cheese melts and the sauce starts bubbling.
- Switch off the flame, and sprinkle with fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil. Serve hot.