Easy lemon ginger chicken asparagus stir fry is a quick, 30 minute Asian recipe that's sure to be a hit with the family. It's low carb and gluten free too so you can enjoy it guilt-free!
Confession: I can't stop making this lemon ginger chicken asparagus stir fry and I may or may not have made it at least 8 times in the last two weeks. I even made this for my vegetarian mother by substituting tofu for chicken. I mean the whole world needs to try this quick, delicious chicken and asparagus stir fry recipe! Don't deprive yourself. In fact at this point, I don't even care if you scroll straight down to the recipe. Because you need to make this for dinner TODAY!
Okay okay. I'm going to calm down for a second so that we can just talk about food in general. And how I've become to laziest 'working from home' person ever. How does that even work guys? You are working from home in your pyjamas all day long and may not even have got up to take a bath (not me!) and haven't cooked anything new in an entire day because...I don't have an answer. I am a food blogger and this is my job, and this is still me.
But I really do love cooking. Except when I'm too lazy to whip up a proper meal. And those days I make this lemon ginger chicken asparagus stir fry. Because this dish and just thinking about it gets me all hungry. And makes me want to scoop up all that yummy sauce and lick the pan clean.
The list of ingredients to make this amazeballs lemon ginger chicken asparagus stir fry is actually pretty simple. I usually have most of those in my pantry at all times because I'm a soy sauce hoarder and I add chilli flakes to everything. But one thing that I didn't always have is toasted sesame oil *fancy*. I mean I saw it in recipes and heard about it for a friend but I can't even. It is the most amazing addition to my collection of things that make everything taste infinitely better. And therefore, now I add it to everything. Toasted sesame oil and chilli flakes. Thank you. Bbye.
I also have to tell you that you don't need a fancy pan or wok to make this stir fry. I usually use a stainless steel saute pan or a non stick pan. But if you have a wok, go ahead and pull it out because those can do the job really well!
But don't stress about anything. This is one of the easiest and quickest stir-fries you'll ever make. And I know you'll love it!
Lemon Ginger Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger finely minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely minced
- 3 Chicken Breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Bunch Asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces, ends removed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Low sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari for GF
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1 ½ cup Water or Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- Stir together all the ingredients mentioned under sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for a minute or two till fragrant and add the chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes till light brown on either side, and cooked through. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Give the sauce a quick stir to dissolve the cornflour properly and add it to the pan. Keep stirring while the sauce comes to a boil and thickens up. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes till it evenly coats the chicken and asparagus, and mix in the toasted sesame oil. Check for seasoning and turn off the flame. Serve immediately.
- If the sauce is too thick, increase the amount of water or broth slightly
- Feel free to swap the cornflour for potato starch. I've tried both and they both work well