Creamy sun-dried tomato chicken with pasta is a quick, easy dinner recipe with a delicious sauce that will have you licking your fingers! I love serving this chicken with pasta but brown rice or quinoa also work well. The whole family will love this meal!
Guys this sauce is EPIC. There is something about sundried tomato, garlic and cream that just makes the most delicious sauce ever. And we are not even pretending to be healthy here. Because every once in a while, you don't mind the calories as long as your meal is utterly and completely satisfying.
And I'm doing a major face plant in this creamy sun-dried tomato chicken with pasta. It's mine and Denver's jam and it's here to stay. It has the same feels as the creamy bacon chicken which is another don't-care-about-the-calories recipe that I love so much.
Let’s talk about sun-dried tomatoes for a minute because they are essential. I can literally snack on these things because they are so addictive! They are sweet and tangy and slightly chewy and perfect in pesto or sauces. I have one in my amazon cart, even before the one at home gets over because I CANNOT run out of them. We are using a lot of sun-dried tomatoes in this recipe because when they simmer in this sauce, they become really soft and the juices are what make this sauce so delicious.
How to make this a complete meal
I also add some cooked pasta to the pan once the sauce has finished cooking and toss it all together. This sort of becomes a one pan meal though not really because you'll have to cook the pasta separately. Or you can serve the pasta separately and just drizzle the sauce on top. But when I use fusilli pasta, it just makes sure the sauce gets into all of those crevices and then there's sauce everywhere and in every bite. Which is how I like it. All the sun-dried tomato SAUCE.
Chicken Breast vs. Chicken Thighs
Honestly, I love chicken thighs too much to recommend chicken breasts. Chicken thighs are juicy and more flavorful and its hard to overcook them. But if you want a slightly lighter meal, feel free to use chicken breasts, which will cook faster so you'll have to adjust the cooking time when you make this creamy sun-dried tomato chicken with chicken breasts. You can also cut up the chicken in small pieces or use shredded chicken - really this recipe is amazing and hard to screw up so just find the chicken you like and go with it.
More Italian Dinner Recipes:
- Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Chicken Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce
- Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Sauce
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken with Pasta
- 6 Chicken Thighs bone-in and skinless
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil from sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- ½ cup Sun-dried Tomatoes roughly chopped
- ¾ cup Low sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan grated
- 2 cups Fusilli Pasta cooked
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat, and add chicken thighs. Sear on both sides for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan and add garlic, thyme and chilli flakes. Saute for a minute or two and add sundried tomatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook covered for 20-25 minutes till the chicken is cooked through. Check after 15 minutes and add a little more broth if necessary.
- Once the chicken is cooked, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan and simmer for a minute or two before switching off the flame. Toss the cooked pasta in if adding it to the sauce and mix well. Serve immediately.