Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Parmesan is an easy, healthy dinner recipe that combines two of our favourites. Topped with marinara sauce and stuffed with cream cheese and asparagus, it’s keto friendly, low carb, gluten free and ready in 30 minutes.
Yes I have another chicken recipe for you today and thats twice in a row because I have been making a LOT of chicken lately. And finding all sorts of new ways to make boring chicken amazing again.
The sister just got engaged! Wohooooo! Thats my first big announcement – that I now have the cutest brother in law in the world. And the second is that she has adopted a Ketogenic Diet, primarily as a way to eat better and live better and also as a way to shed some extra pounds. She’s been at it for the last two weeks and I can tell you it seems to be working so well. She feels better, looks better and is generally in a healthier state of mind.
For me, it’s a whole new world because the Keto diet is a low carb, high protein and fat diet which means that there are only specific things she can eat. Me? I eat everything and mostly make fun of her while I do.
But that’s just me being mean. I also help her a little bit by trying to make things that she can actually eat like this asparagus stuffed chicken parmesan which basically combines two of our most favourite recipes – asparagus stuffed chicken and chicken parmesan. But by making it lighter, healthier, gluten free and keto friendly. And because we have everything in this recipe that cooks so fast, it’s actually ready in 30 minutes! Scoooreee!
This might look super fancy and it tastes super fancy but guys its ridiculously easy to make. You just might need a little knife skills to slice the chicken in half but really that’s all there is to it. Once you’ve got that tackled, all you need is fast action, a little butter, a skillet and you are good to go!
In fact I love this so much that I’m thinking spinach mushroom stuffed chicken and sundried tomato stuffed chicken next. The possibilities.are.endless.
If you have someone in your family who is looking for a low carb, gluten free or keto friendly way of eating, you have to have to make this asparagus stuffed chicken parmesan. Actually it doesn’t matter if you have dietary needs at all. You just have to try this recipe out! I insist.
This is the kind of food that really makes sure your plate is wiped clean. I’m not even on a keto diet but one bite of this asparagus stuffed chicken parmesan had me wishing I was.
I would totally recommend making this in a cast iron pan because it requires you to take the chicken from stove to the oven. But if you don’t have one, feel free to transfer the chicken to a baking dish and finish it in the oven. We need a little oven action for that gooey melty cheese.
Doesn’t that make you want to try it out? Say yesssssss!
Watch Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Recipe VideoPrint
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Parmesan is a easy, healthy dinner recipe that combines two of our favourites. Topped with marinara sauce and stuffed with cream cheese and asparagus, it’s keto friendly, low carb, gluten free and ready in 30 minutes.
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 12 stalks Asparagus (stalks removed)
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To start prepping the chicken, butterfly the chicken (or slice it in half without slicing it all the way through. The chicken breast should open out like a butterfly with one end still intact in the middle). Remove the hardy stalks of the asparagus and set aside.
- Rub salt, pepper and garlic paste all over the chicken breasts (inside and outside). Divide cream cheese between the chicken breasts and spread it on the inside. Place four stalks of asparagus and then fold one side of the breast over the other, tucking it in place with a toothpick to make sure it doesn’t come open.
- Preheat the oven, and set it to broiler. Add butter and olive oil to a hot skillet and place the chicken breasts in it. Cook the breasts on each side for 6-7 minutes (total time will be 14-15 minutes depending on the size of the breast) till the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Top each breast with 1/4 cup marinara sauce, and divide the shredded mozzarella on top. Place in the oven and broil for 5 minutes till the cheese melts.
Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the size of the chicken breast