Chinese Cashew Chicken Noodles Stir-Fry is a delicious take on your favorite take-out cashew chicken recipe. Crispy bits of chicken and noodles are tossed in a super flavorful, spicy sauce and roasted cashews for a meal that the whole family will love!
Hey there! It’s time for chicken and noodles. And a chinese stir-fry. Because I know nobody out there who doesn’t like a good chinese stir-fry. And because we all love cashew chicken so much, I made us some chinese cashew chicken noodles stir-fry so that you won’t be making two different dishes. And can watch one more episode of Netflix.
I’m going to have to tell you that this spicy, saucy, crispy chinese cashew chicken noodles stir-fry is everything you can ever want on a weeknight. Because it’s fast, easy, loaded with veggies such as broccoli, bell peppers and zucchini (my favorite stir-fry veggie combo) and gives that kind of satisfaction that only a really good chinese take-out can give you at the end of a work day. Or any day.
Hello deliciousness 👆
It’s really important to note that there is crispy chicken involved which is surrounded by noodles and veggies. But the star is definitely crispy chicken to start with. And this crispy chicken is not fried. We just pan fry it which is enough to get that crispy outer coating, which becomes slightly soft when it’s tossed in the sauce. And I kinda like that. Because I can eat the crispy chicken before I start stir frying it and then the soft chicken pieces once I toss everything up.
You should also keep in mind all of these things to make sure you have an ahhmaaazing chinese cashew chicken noodles stir-fry meal every single time!
Tips for the best Chinese Cashew Chicken Noodles Stir-Fry
- Make sure to pat your chicken dry before you start. Moisture on the chicken pieces will not let it become crispy
- We are using chicken breast here because its a really quick meal and breast cooks faster, but you can easily use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this stir-fry too
- I love using roasted cashews because they are crunchier and they work really well here
- Make sure that once you start stir-frying your heat is set to high and your wok or pan is hot because stir-fries taste best when they are made on high heat. Plus everything remains fresh and crunchy
- This is also means you need to ensure everything is ready before you start so that once you stir-frying you are not scrambling for ingredients
And thats it. Get ready for the best chinese cashew chicken noodle stir-fry.
Chinese Cashew Chicken Noodles Stir-Fry
For the Chicken
- 700 grams Chicken Breasts skinless and boneless, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
For the Stir Fry
- 250 grams Noodles
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2-3 Red Chillies whole
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers diced
- 1/2 cup Zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup Cashews roasted
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions
- Start by cooking the noodles in salted water, according to package directions, until just al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry, and make sure it's not wet. Toss the chicken in cornflour and salt till well coated. Heat oil in a large, wide pan and add the chicken pieces, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. You may have to do this in batches. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on both sides, till light brown and crispy.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan or use a wok if you have one. Add the garlic and whole red chillies. Cook for a minute or so and add the broccoli, bell peppers, zucchini and chicken in the pan. Stir-fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes till the vegetables are slightly tender, but not over cooked. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Add the sauce and noodles and toss everything well and cook till the sauce has coated the noodles completely. Mix in the roasted cashews, top with sesame seeds, green onions, and serve hot.
More Asian Take-Out Recipes: