Easy 8 ingredient, No Bake Mango Cheesecake Mousse Jars are insanely delicious and the creamiest dessert jars! Perfect weekend treat and perfect for gifting!
It's not easy being away from the blog for a week, but this time I really didn't realise it had been this long. My musician brother in law just got married and we brought home his beautiful bride. The last one week has been full of celebration and dancing and music and all kinds of madness and I almost didn't want it to end. But it did, and now I'm finally sitting on my desk in my pyjamas and it's business as usual. And I'm bringing in the weekend with these No Bake Mango Cheesecake Mousse Jars, that also went up on KitchenAid India's blog. I know mango season is over but I couldn't resist giving you just one last mango recipe in case you are like me and have a freezer full of mango puree
I've done the cheesecake jar thingy before with my Passion Fruit Cheesecake Jars and I can say with experience that they disappear in minutes.
Don't they look stunning? And I love the fact that they are so carry-friendly aka just pack them in your picnic basket and take them out to make the most of this awesome weather while it lasts.
You don't need to switch on the oven or need a loooong ingredient list because these cheesecake jars are just 8 ingredients and totally no bake! I'm looking at you my no-oven-microwave-only friends. No excuses for dessert this time.
Clearly I couldn't decide what to call these tiny dessert bombs which is why they are called No Bake Mango Cheesecake Mousse Jars. Because you know how it is. The texture is so smooth and mousse like but the taste is totally cheesecake. So my mouth just lost it's ability to decide after one bite. Which is all okay. We can live with this name.
I also love serving them in mis-matched jars because obviously...cooler! And a total conversation starter at the party. And me being me, have an odd collection of jars and bottles that I seem to have collected over the years.
If you were wondering, (and if you were, then I know you've been at My Food Story often enough) this is exactly where the Mango Cheesecake Ice Cream came from! It was this happy accident that made the most delicious, creamy, cheesecake like ice cream. Which has totally blown our mind away!
Now if you are on board with the whole mango thingy, and don't mind having to call these no bake jars cheesecake and mousse I'll share the recipe with you. With all my love.
And if you are that mango person who can't get enough, I have 13 insanely delicious ways for you to eat mangoes in savoury dishes too! Yaasssssssssss!
We love Desserts In a Jar:
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Jars
- 8 ingredient Passion Fruit Cheesecake Jars
- Intense Eggless Chocolate Mousse
- Baileys Tiramisu Trifle Cups (without egg)
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes (Eggless and No Bake)
No Bake Mango Cheesecake Mousse Jars
- 100 grams (0.5 cups) Heavy Cream
- 1 cup (255 g) Mango Puree
- 225 grams (1 cups) Cream Cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup (50 g) Caster Sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Granola
- 2 ½ tablespoons Butter melted
- Chopped mangoes and other fruits for topping
- Add heavy cream to the bowl of the KitchenAid Stand Mixer with the whisk attachment and beat on medium high speed till you achieve soft peaks. If you don't have a stand mixer, feel free to use a hand mixer.
- Once the cream reaches soft peaks, add mango puree, cream cheese, ¼ cup caster sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk for a minute or so till combined well.
- Pulse the granola a few times in a food processor till it resembles bread crumbs. Add butter and two tablespoons sugar to this and combine. Set aside.
- To assemble the jars, divide the granola mixture into 6 jars. I used the back of a spoon to press the granola mixture evenly in the jars. Pipe the cheesecake mixture into each jar, equally divided. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with chopped mangoes and other fruits just before serving.