You would think that making a cocktail would be difficult business, but guys, it's so easy and fun! Hit all the right notes with this Orange Cinnamon Whisky Smash and enjoy making it!
Guys it's cocktail time! And we are talking about this Orange Cinnamon Whisky Smash. If you've been following me on Instagram, you would know that Denver and I are a regular at bartending workshops around town, usually with the best Mixologist in Bangalore - Bala, and he's taught us a thing or two about mixing cocktails. It usually involves some alcohol, a lot of fun and figuring out how to add your favorite flavors to your drink.
And that's exactly what happened with this orange cinnamon whisky smash. Orange and Cinnamon are really flavors of fall and winter. A whiff of orange and a dash of cinnamon always makes me want to cozy up in a corner with a blanket, and this whisky smash is perfect if you are looking for something to warm you up this winter!
I wanted to pick a whisky that had the same notes as this cocktail - warm, fruity, full bodied. So that every sip would be a pleasure, and every taste something to look forward to. I finally ended up picking a bottle of 100 Pipers from our collection because it has warm, mellow, full bodied notes of vanilla and honey with a balance of fruitiness and a soft smokiness that's just perfect for this orange cinnamon whisky smash. It's got just a light touch of peat which as you know, I love! I usually prefer heavily peted whiskies but for this cocktail, a light peat in 100 Pipers did the trick! Now I'm no whisky expert, but I'm a girl who loves her whisky and scotch and I do know a thing or two about it.
I was actually reading up a little about 100 Pipers when I started putting together this recipe for you, and they have an interesting story. It took them almost a generation to get the blend they loved. That's more than a lifetime! A bottle of Seagrams 100 Pipers is actually 50 whiskies that were used in 517 different blends, till they arrived at this one. Wow! That's a lot of work and that has got to mean something.
I'm pretty sure you are going to love every sip of this whisky smash because when have we ever gone wrong with a cocktail?! Are you with me? Are we going to be mixing our own cocktails this weekend? Oh yes!
More Cocktail Recipes:
Orange Cinnamon Whisky Smash
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ½ teaspoon Orange Zest zest of half an orange
- 60 ml Whisky
- 30 ml Orange juice
- Soda or sparkling water to top it up
- 1-2 Orange Slices
- Break the cinnamon stick into pieces and add them to a shaker. Add orange zest and juice and muddle it up. Add whisky and orange juice and shake it.
- Add ice to a glass and double strain the cocktail into the glass. Top it up with a little soda and add some orange slices. Serve immediately.
- Please make this cocktail with freshly squeezed or packaged orange juice. if using fresh orange juice, use it immediately as the juice gets bitter with time.
- Same goes for the cocktail as well. Serve it immediately as the liquids tend to separate and settle if left to sit.
Thanks to Seagrams 100 Pipers for sponsoring this post. And thanks to you for supporting the brands that keep My Food Story running. Drink responsibly!