My favorite childhood story includes my younger sister and ice cream. Every time mum and dad would take us out for ice cream, Pragya would finish hers at break-neck speed, while I would take my time savoring it. Once she was done, she would invariably turn towards me and demand that I share mine with her. A fight would start, and mum would have to intervene. I don’t remember who won in the end but then, that’s the thing with childhood memories. It doesn’t matter who won or lost. What matters is that they always make you smile.
Since then ice-cream has sort of become my comfort food because the memories make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. One bite and nostalgia kicks in. It reminds me of the innocence of childhood, the twinkle in Pragya's eye when she would start eyeing my cone, mum's exasperation at our squabbles and dad's amusement. It feels like yesterday.
With the weather becoming warmer, I've been looking for an ice cream recipe that wouldn't require a machine and is easy to make. I've made ice cream before, but it never froze well. Grainy, crystallized ice cream is no fun for anybody. And that's the biggest problem with making ice cream at home. We've all heard of and probably tried no churn ice cream where cream and condensed milk are combined to make a base. I have a few on the blog.
But this Baileys Chocolate Ice Cream inspired by David Lebovitz really nailed it. The ice cream is creamy, easily scoopable without any crystals and extra chocolatey! And when I say extra chocolatey I mean it. There is definitely a hit from the Baileys and somehow the bananas elevate the chocolate flavor. Don't get worried because I said bananas. Trust me, you won't taste them.
But you will taste the intense chocolate flavor in every bite. Which is what makes this Baileys Chocolate Ice Cream so special! Top it with some sea salt if you are feeling extra fancy and you will not be able to stop.
Serve this ice cream with:
- Chocolate Brownies
- Oreo Stuffed Double Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Stuffed Mini Pancake Bites
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
Baileys Chocolate Ice Cream
- 110 grams Chocolate use dark or milk or a combination
- 6 tablespoons Milk
- 6 tablespoons Cream
- 12 tablespoons Baileys
- 2 medium sized frozen Bananas
- Place the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds on full power. Stir with a fork after 30 seconds, and if not melted, microwave again in 15 second increments till it melts. Remember chocolate always looks less melted than it is, so be careful not to burn it.
- Add the chocolate mixture and rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Once blended, pour into a freezer safe container (metal or plastic) and freeze for at least 5 hours or more.
- Top with nuts, chocolate sauce or any other add ons to serve. Or if you are like me, just dig in.