If you’re a brownie freak – here’s a recipe that will make your day! These Oreo Stuffed Double Chocolate Brownies are for when you want to indulge! They’re a direct ticket to chocolate heaven because they have double the amount of chocolate and are stuffed with oreos. To top that – they’re fudgy, moist, cakey, gooey and all things yummy!
I have a weekend project for y’all – these Oreo stuffed double chocolate brownies because weekends are meant for indulging!
And these brownies are an indulgence. They are slightly gooey, definitely fudgy, cakey and STUFFED. I’ve always been fascinated by this concept of stuffed brownies because they just look so cool. And imagine, it’s like a double whammy – brownies are already an indulgence and then you stuff them with your favorite food – Oreos in this case and they reach some God like status.
Be prepared to stuff your face with Oreos before you stuff them in the brownies though.
You remember how I confessed that I’ve never got a brownie recipe right? Well you are looking at a PRO now. Umm almost. At least I’m getting better at them. What I still haven’t figured is how to get them off that parchment paper without sticking at the bottom. Any tips there?
But check out that beautiful crust which sort of shatters when you slice these beauties. I was literally jumping up and down when I took this batch out of the oven because I knew they were perfect just by looking at them! I mean me and brownies just don’t work together. And I had pretty much lost hope. It’s a big deal you know? Being a food blogger and all and not knowing how to make great brownies.
And then the other day I was home all alone because Denver’s in Delhi. I was in no mood to work, and was diving into an abyss called Pinterest when I came across the most beautiful brownies – they were stuffed with cream cheese, and then another – layered with cookie dough and then another – this time with caramel and with Reese’s and Nutella.
I looked at the half eaten pack of Oreos and we got to work immediately!
The first two batches were pretty much a disaster because the batter would be a little too fudgy for my liking. I need it to be just right. You should be able to slice them and scoop them out without them breaking all over the place, and they should still be moist and somewhere between truffles and cake when you bite into them.
I’m having a love affair with brownies now. Look at me describe them with all those big words. But I can’t help it. These brownies are insanely delicious, and will look like you’ve labored over them, when you’ve actually spent exactly 20 minutes putting them together!
I topped mine with extra crushed Oreos. You know, because too much Oreo is never a bad thing.
If you love these, follow me on Pinterest where I PIN my favorite dessert recipes every day!
Oreo Stuffed Double Chocolate Brownies
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter
- 250 grams Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour or Maida
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C/ 350 F. Butter and line an 8 inch square baking tin. Cut 4 Oreo cookies in half and keep aside. Let the rest be intact.
- In a large microwave proof bowl, add butter and chocolate chips. Microwave at intervals of 20 seconds for up to a minute till the chocolate is melted and smooth. It's important to keep checking every 20 seconds and mixing with a spatula to ensure the chocolate does not burn.
- Once the chocolate has melted, let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes. Once it's cool to touch, add sugar, vanilla extract and whisk in the eggs one by one till everything is combined.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix till just combined.
- Now pour half the brownie mixture into the pan and line with cookies. You will need the cookies you cut in half to cover up the gaps.
- Once the tin is lined with cookies, pour the remaining brownie mixture into the pan and even it out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let the brownies cool completely before slicing them.