This Marshmallow Butterbeer Latte is a Christmas gift for all the Harry Potter fans in the house! Its warm, comforting, nostalgic and all things nice but most of all - its really easy to put together!
We have the best butterbeer latte for you guys today because Bangalore is back. It's cold, and windy, and misty and that's just how Bangalore used to be...always. But lately, we've been blasted with a heat wave even in the middle of winter, but I can safely say that we are over it. It's finally the Bangalore winter we know and I'm sitting here on the dinner table, all warm and cozy in a hoodie sipping on the best Harry Potter Butterbeer Latte that I can't wait to share with you folks.
I wanted to post this recipe last weekend but it got a little crazy, and I've finally had the time to really sit down and chat with you guys. We are so so close to the end of the year and I'm starting to really feel the holiday season coming up. Christmas, weddings, dances and New Years - it's my favourite time of the year and I can't wait for the madness to start this year.
I know this Butterbeer Latte is going to be our drink this year, along with some Orange Cinnamon Whisky Smash if you want something more adult. Orrrrrrrr we could just add a dash of whiskey or baileys to our very own homemade butterbeer latte for that perfect after dinner coffee. Or before dinner. Or like mid day. Or morning. It's purrffeeeect guys and I can't wait for you to try it. Clearly!
So the latte is real simple to make which is how I like to keep things on this side of the woods. It's a little bit of butter and sugar which is caramelized till it becomes all caramelized and bubbly and then we add milk and coffee and some spices and we are done! The spices are key because they make this such a holiday drink, and make your kitchen smell even better.
If you are into some Christmas decorating, sipping this while you put up your Christmas Tree, wrap the gifts and set up the lights is just what you need. This butterbeer latte is going to make everything more special. And better. And warmer. And fuzzier. And happier.
You can tell how much of a fan I am? You know what else I am a fan of? Harry Potter! Which is where this comes from. I've read all the books and watched all the movies and Butterbeer is such an exotic exotic thing. So all your Harry Potter fans out there, this ones for you. A special Christmas present!
Guys don't forget the marshmallows. Put them on skewers and toast them on an open flame. Then top up the lattes with whipped cream and put the marshmallow on. It's not fun without them, trust me.
More Recipes You'll Like:
Best Marshmallow Butterbeer Latte for Harry Potter fans
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon Espresso (1 shot espresso) or 1 tablespoon Instant Coffee Powder
- Whipped Cream and Toasted Marshmallows for topping
- On a medium flame, heat sugar and butter in a pan, stirring occasionally making sure not to burn the sugar.
- Once it starts bubbling, add milk and stir well till the sugar dissolves and everything is mixed well. Add the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and bring it to a boil. Simmer for a minute and add the espresso or instant coffee powder (whatever you are using) and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Use a milk frother or hand blender to froth up the latte, or put it into a blender and pulse a few times. Pour into coffee mugs, top with whipped cream and toasted marshmallows and serve immediately.
- Use almond, soy or coconut milk to make this drink vegan. Bear in mind that this will alter the taste.
- Brown sugar gives a more nutty and caramelised flavour. If you don't have any, you can substitute it with white sugar or cane sugar.
- The nutritional information below does not include any toppings you may want to add but the toasted marshmallows are totally worth the extra calories!
Rosalie Osborne says
Wow! The melting marshmallow on coffee is everything! I can't imagine how great it's gonna taste like! Will try this recipe with my family it this weekend!
I hope you love it!
This marshmallow butterbeer latte looks mouth-watering. I am going to make it this week for my children. Very detailed explanation. Love it!
Wohooo! Hope they like it
Just made this for my daughter's birthday party and the girls loooooove it! I added chocolate shaving on top. Thanks for the wonderful recipe Richa!
Sooo glad you liked it! You can never go wrong with chocolate shavings ????