Here are four amazing maggi recipes in one post that you must try – Italian Maggi, Cheese and Egg Maggi, Chinese Maggi and Spicy Masala Maggi for all you Maggi lovers!
If you’ve grown up in India you’ve probably grown up eating Maggi for a snack! I am such a huge fan of these Instant Noodles that even today I get cravings. Which is weird I know because I’m 30 but somehow you are never too old for Maggi Noodles.
And if you’ve grown up eating Maggi you’ve obviously experimented with it. Everyone I know has their favourite way of eating Maggi and I knew I had to share my favourite Maggi recipes with you guys. I mean how can I authentically be a good food blogger if I don’t. Because indulging in Maggi once in a while just feels so good. It’s not the best thing in the world to eat – I admit but it’s like that second slice of chocolate cake that you know you can’t resist.
So first up is my version of an Italian Maggi. Not all of these versions use the Maggi Tastemaker because sometimes we just don’t need it, irrespective of how awesome it is. I use store bought red pasta sauce so that it’s still a five minute recipe and totally doable at home. This one uses mushrooms and olives but go ahead, make this your own! Add some chicken to your Maggi and make it Italian Chicken Maggi or some broccoli. Or do this in white sauce instead of red. Every way possible, Maggi still tastes great!
Italian Maggi Recipe
Italian Maggi recipe has all the flavours of your favourite pasta and pizza with mushrooms, marinara sauce, olives, basil and lots of cheese.
- 1 pack Maggi Noodles (or Instant Ramen Noodles)
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 2 finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup diced Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Red Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons sliced Olives
- A few Basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Salt to taste
- Cook Maggi Noodles according to package directions without the tastemaker. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic. Saute for a minute and add mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms for two minutes and add pasta sauce, oregano and maggi noodles.
- Bring this to a quick simmer and switch off the flame. Top with olives, basil and parmesan. Serve immediately.
Next up is Chinese Maggi. I remember a cousin teaching me how to make this and I loved it because it reminded me of cheap street chinese noodles, but sooo much faster. I like mine with extra soy sauce and ketchup. It’s definitely my favourite!
Chinese Maggi RecipePrint
Chinese Maggi takes exactly 10 minutes to make and will remind of you of cheap street chinese noodles.
- Cook Maggi according to package instructions without the tastemaker. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger garlic. Saute on high flame for a minute and add spring onions, carrots and capsicum. Stir fry for a minute and add soy sauce and ketchup.
- Add the maggi noodles and toss well. Cook for a minute and switch off the flame. Serve immediately.
Third on the list is Cheesy Egg Maggi which is a big favourite in the house. Its super simple to make but because of its cheese factor it’s always the first one to call dibs on. Go ahead and spice things up with some shredded cooked chicken or even sausages which would be sooo good in this version!
Cheese and Egg Maggi RecipePrint
With just four ingredients this Cheese and Egg Maggi is really simple to make. And a huge favourite because it’s super cheesy and has bits of scrambled eggs in every bite!
- 1 pack Maggi
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup grated Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil 1 1/2 cups water in a pan and add Maggi Noodles and Tastemaker. Simmer for two minutes till the Maggi is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, beat an egg till frothy. Add the egg to the Maggi once the maggi is cooked and cook till the egg cooks through and is scrambled. Top with cheese and mix. Serve immediately.
The last Maggi recipe in the series is probably everyones favourite – Spicy Masala Maggi. You can never go wrong with this version and even Maggi haters succumb to the temptation of this one. If you have fiery hot spice levels, feel free to increase chilli powder and even add some chopped green chillies.
Spicy Masala Maggi RecipePrint
Spicy Masala Maggi is super easy to make and probably everyones favourite maggi recipe. It’s just like the maggi they make on the street but better!
- 1 pack Maggi
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander for topping
- Cook Maggi according to package directions without tastemaker. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions and ginger garlic paste to it. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add tomatoes, tastemaker, chilli powder and salt.
- Cook the tomatoes for a minute or two and add 1/4 cup water. Simmer till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy and add maggi noodles. Toss well and top with coriander. Serve immediately.
So do you have a favourite Maggi recipe? Will you tell me about it in the comments below? I need to try new ways to make Maggi!