This No Yeast Pizza will take care of all your cravings! Thin, crispy crust and made on the stovetop, this recipe is a winner. Its like emergency pizza and as fast as ordering takeout!
Hey there! I understand how it feels. When Pizza craving strikes and it takes over everything.
I'm so excited about this recipe because this is the second in the series - another recipe that's made from my Magic Dough. I spoke about this magic dough last week. And so many of you have already tried making no yeast naan from it with so much success.
The dough is a six ingredient recipe that can be used in three amazing ways - for naan bread, pizza and bhaturas (Indian fried breads) that are usually served with Chana Masala.
Making no yeast pizza is pretty similar to making No Yeast Naan on the stovetop.
Best Tips for Cooking No Yeast Pizza on the Stove
- Roll out the dough the same way you would for pizza. Dust it lightly with flour and roll it as thin or thick as you like. I always roll it to approx ¼ inch thickness because it puffs up slightly as it cooks
- Prick the base with a fork. This helps stop it from developing too many air pockets and puffing up like naan
- Use a heavy bottom skillet if possible like a cast iron pan. But this works just as well on a non stick
- Don't pre-heat your skillet because if it's too hot, the pizza base will burn and your toppings won't cook and the cheese won't melt
- Cook the pizzas on a medium flame to avoid the base from burning
- To melt the cheese properly, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. The steam that gets created will cook the toppings and melt the cheese
- This really gives best results on the stove. But if you want to use your oven, you can start the pizza on the stove and after 2-3 minutes, move it to the oven. Just turn the top element on high so that it cooks the veggies and melts the cheese. The base only takes 2-3 minutes to cook
Cheese for the Pizzas
I love using Mozzarella for these pizzas. Because it melts fast, and has that stringiness thats so perfect. If you are using a processed cheese like Amul or Britannia, drizzle a little olive oil on the cheese to help it melt properly.
Favourite Pizza Toppings
Choose toppings that don't take too long to cook when you are making these no yeast pizzas on the stovetop. Here are some ideas:
- Sliced Onions
- Sliced Bell Peppers
- Cooked Chicken
And that's all there is to it. These pizzas are almost as fast as getting them delivered. And the satisfaction of making homemade pizzas. Plus imagine how much money you'll save! Priceless!
More Pizza Recipes:
Watch How to make No Yeast Pizza Recipe (Starts at 8:25)
No Yeast Pizza on the stovetop (Magic Dough)
For the Base
- 2 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
For the Pizzas
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella grated
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Onion sliced (topping)
- ⅓ cup Mushroom sliced (topping)
- ⅓ cup Bell pepper sliced (topping)
For the Dough
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. Stir to combine well.
- Add yogurt and oil and knead into the flour. Start adding water little by little and knead as you go till you get a soft, supple dough. You may not need the entire quantity of water so add only as much as you require. If the dough feels too dry, add water by the teaspoon or some extra flour if the dough feels little wet. (watch the video above to see how the dough should feel)
- Cover with a damp towel and set aside in a warm place for 25-30 minutes. If you live in a cold place, rest the dough for 1.5-2 hours. But in warmer climate, 30 minutes is sufficient.
Make the Pizzas
- Divide the dough into two for pizzas. This will make approx two 8 inch pizzas at ¼ inch thickness.
- Form the dough into a ball, dust it with some dry flour and roll it out.
- Place your cast iron skillet (or non stick pan) on the flame and reduce it to low. Place the rolled out pizza dough on the skillet and prick it all over with a fork. Spread some pizza sauce on top, add your toppings and grated cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil around the edges and cover and cook this for 4-5 minutes till the cheese has melted and the base is slightly crisp. Serve immediately. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cheese: If you are using processed cheese like Amul or Britannia, drizzle a little olive oil on the cheese to help it melt better. Use a vegan cheese to make this recipe vegan!
- Creating steam: You can also sprinkle a little water around the edges of the pizza (not on it) and then cover and cook it. This will create some steam for cooking. You should hear a sizzle as you sprinkle water.
- Oven: I recommend starting the pizza on the stove to get the base cooking and then finishing it in the oven with only the top element on at the highest temperature setting to cook the toppings and melt the cheese if you want to cook this in the oven.
Anjali Arora says
After several recipes i got your recipe. By your tips i was able to successfully make pizza free of yeast that tasted best. Thanks for the tips.
It is magic. Lovely recipe. Easy.
First I was shocked without yeast, how we can make. But you did it stunning and that helped me too.
I know right! And everything comes together in a jiffy. Thanks for trying this out Swapnil