This One Pan Indian Masala Omelette Frittata makes for great brinner – breakfast for dinner! Its a really fun recipe that can be made on the stovetop or in the oven! Inspired by the Indian masala omelette, it has all the Indian flavors to offer, frittata style!
This is the most beautiful one pan frittata I’ve seen and I looove the fact that it’s a take on the Indian Masala Omelette! I’ve been super busy this week because we are moving houses and that comes with making sure everything’s packed, all the bills are paid, all the right people have been told, blah blah. Cooking has been the last thing on my mind, more like sitting in the middle of a pile of clothes wondering if I’m ever going to wear that blue shirt which has been lying untouched in my wardrobe for 5 years now. Nah, it goes in the I’m-too-fat-for-this pile.
While I’m shifting and not doing too much cooking, I wanted to make sure you guys still have some wonderful recipes coming your way and my good blogger friends have offered to help me out! First up is this gorgeous Indian Style Masala Omelette Frittata by Subhasmita from The Flavours of Kitchen which is easy, takes only one pan, and makes for a hearty meal!
The moment Subhasmita sent this recipe across, I knew I had to try it out. It’s funny because it was dinner time but we couldn’t resist and I have to tell you that this makes for the most amazing brinner (breakfast for dinner) dish! We topped ours with some Sriracha and ate it all with some crusty bread. There was some mango milkshake to wash it all down too
I’ve always loved Frittatas and we make them often at home. Though it has it’s own limitations. You require an oven proof cooking pan if you are going to finish it in the oven. I obviously don’t need a reason to take my Lodge pans out and that’s exactly what I did for this recipe. However if you don’t have one, you could either buy one or finish the Frittata on the stove. I have instructions for both below. Either way you’ll still have a delicious meal in under forty five minutes!
Lately, I’ve been feeling like I’m the queen of packing and moving houses. I’ve moved 10 times in the last 11 years. That’s really something right? And it’s not as bad as it used to be because I think I’ve got my shit sorted out. Well laid plans and all. Let’s see how that works out. I’ll keep you guys posted!
Im gonna get back to packing, because there’s still lots to do. But there is more deliciousness coming your way – that won’t stop!
If you are looking for more one pan recipes, check out Subhasmita’s Crispy Tofu in Garlic Sauce too:
We Love These All-Day-Breakfasts!
- Baked Denver Omelet Breakfast Casserole
- French Bread Pizza Toasts
- Spinach Potato Veggie Frittata
- Spicy Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Four Amazing Maggi Recipes
One Pan Indian Masala Omelette Frittata
- 8 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Oil
- 2 Onions medium , finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger minced
- 2 - 3 Chilies Green, finely chopped
- 200 grams Button Mushrooms fresh, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper green, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves fresh , finely chopped
- Pre-Heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Heat butter/oil in a Cast Iron/Oven proof pan. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes till they are soft and translucent.
- Add chopped ginger and green chillies and cook for another minute. To this, add mushrooms and cook till all the water from the mushrooms reduces.
- Mix in chopped bell pepper, turmeric powder, garam masala, black pepper, coriander leaves and salt.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl crack eggs. Add milk and season it with salt and pepper (keep in mind that the onion mixture also has salt and pepper). Beat well.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low heat and add the egg mixture slowly to the pan. Shake the pan to spread the mixture evenly.
- Let this cook for 5-6 minutes on a low heat undisturbed.
- You can either continue to cook the Frittata on the stove top till the center is set (about 10-12 minutes) or place the pan on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve this One Pan Indian Masala Omelette Frittata with some tomato ketchup or hot sauce drizzled on top.