These pepperoni cheese bombs are incredible – stuffed with pepperoni bites and gooey cheese in the softest bread. Superbowl, gameday, cricket matches – these will be everyone’s favorite snack!
No way I said when I tried these the first time. Cheese overload. Flavour overload. And so easy. These pepperoni cheese bombs are everything right now. We’ve made them four times in the last ten days. Our excuse: recipe testing teehee. Don’t tell anyone. And basically eaten five of them at 1 in the night.
Here’s how these go:
- Make the softest dough where my breakthrough ingredient is adding an egg
- Let it proof and rise and do its thing
- And then you just take some dough, flatten it out, and stuff it with mozzarella and pepperoni
- Let them rise a bit again and then just bake!
They come out of the oven gloriously golden brown and look absolutely amazing!
The best part? Unlike lots of other bread recipes, you don’t have to wait for things to cool down. Just dive right in because these babies actually taste better warm. The cheese is gooey and melty and that pepperoni has done its magic too.
Don’t these look like they just came out a bakery?
You don’t have to limit yourself to cheese and pepperoni for these stuffed buns. Here are some other ideas.
Other Stuffing Ideas for Cheese bombs
- Spiced potatoes, like the filling in my popular samosa recipe
- Onions and mushroom
- Ground chicken
- Meatballs – yes you can just stuff an entire meatball in there!
- If you want a sweet filling then try apple pie or bananas
The possibilities are endless. Just use the dough recipe if you want to make them from scratch and know exactly what goes into them.
If you stay in the U.S. or other parts of the world, you can also buy crescent roll dough which is basically similar to the bread dough we use here and use it instead. That’ll cut down your time and effort in half.
But no matter what you use, you have to try these pepperoni cheese bombs because they are incredible!
Other Appetizer Recipes
- Crispy Veg Nuggets
- Chinese Chilli Chicken
- Mexican Corn Fritters
- Thai Shrimp Cakes
- Sticky Thai Meatballs
- Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Watch how to make Pepperoni Cheese BombsPrint
These homemade pepperoni cheese bombs are made from scratch and so easy! They are stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni and perfect game day party food recipe. Make them for superbowl or tailgating!
- 2 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons (15 gms) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (5 gms) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 whole Egg
- 3/4 cup (185 ml) whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons melted Butter
- 130 grams Mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6–8 Pepperoni slices, finely chopped
- Extra egg or milk for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons assorted seeds like nigella seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds for topping
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and yeast so that everything is distributed evenly. Add egg, milk and butter and combine well. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes if kneading by hand or for 5-6 minutes if kneading in the stand mixer till the dough is soft and supple. Add a little more flour if required while kneading. But the dough may seem sticky at first, but will change texture as you knead.
- Cover the dough in a bowl and let it rest for 1-1.5 hours till the dough doubles in size.
- To form the pepperoni cheese bombs, take a golf ball sized piece of dough. Flatten it out in the palm of your hand and place a cube of mozzarella along with a teaspoon of chopped pepperoni in the center. Pull the edges over the stuffing and seal them so that the cheese doesn’t ooze out while baking.
- Place the stuffed dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- At this point, pre-heat the oven to 200C/ 392F.
- Cover and let this rest for 20-25 minutes till these almost double again. Now brush each ball of dough with egg wash, and sprinkle some seeds on top.
- Bake these buns for approx 18 minutes till they are a beautiful golden on top. Brush with melted butter and serve warm.
Storage: These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.