One pot vegetable pasta is what you need when you want healthy-ish, loaded with veggies dinner that tastes good enough to call friends over for!
Lets just say every time I’m due for a grocery run and I see a bunch of leftover vegetables that are half used, wilting, nearing the end of their life, I make this one pot vegetable pasta.
Here’s the thing, this is one of those back pocket recipes which will come to your rescue everytime you need fast dinners. Which in our house is a lot.
Its like fried rice, which I always make with leftover rice and veggies. Because we love pasta so much, I end up with this one pot vegetable pasta more often than fried rice.
This recipe uses a ton of veggies. It’s not the most elegant looking pasta dish, and it can’t be called anything else. No fancy names or sauces here or even fancy hard-to-get-ingredients. It’s just a throw it all in that finally tastes sooo good that you’ll be thinking about it every time you decide what to make for dinner.
Because there are so many vegetables in it, this is actually a healthy vegetable pasta recipe. This and my white sauce pasta kinda compete with each other sometimes, but if I have to pick convenience, I’d go with this one!
The only thing I’d ask you to do while making this recipe is to stick to the method and ratios as much as possible. Too much liquid, too little pasta or the other way around will not give you the right result. Because its one pot, you need exactly the same amount thats written in the recipe.
The right pasta for one pot veg pasta
Any short works here. That’s penne, rigatoni, fusilli, macaroni, ziti etc. Long strand pasta has different cooking times so it doesn’t work as well.
More pasta recipes
- Easy Tomato Basil Pasta
- White Sauce Vegetarian Pasta
- Vegetarian Pasta Salad
- Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Creamy Prawn Pasta
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- One Pot Jalapeno Mac and Cheese
Watch how to make One Pot Vegetable Pasta Recipe VideoPrint
This one pot vegetable pasta recipe is so fast and easy that you’ll make this again and again. Just dump everything in and let it all cook together. Ready in under 20 minutes. Which makes this piping hot dinner so awesome!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3–4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Zucchini, cut into half moon slices
- 3 cups blanched and crushed Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth or Water
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian Herb seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 250 grams short Pasta (penne/macaroni/rigatoni)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese or Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot and add garlic and onions and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Turn heat to high and add the corn kernels, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and let cook on high heat. When the liquid starts boiling, reduce heat and add the broccoli, red bell pepper, pasta, herbs, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Give it a stir, place the lid on and let it cook on a slow flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently till the pasta is done and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in half the shredded cheese and taste to check for the seasonings. Add more salt or pepper if required.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, cover with the lid and take off heat. The cheese will melt in the residual heat.
- Garnish with the parsley and shredded parmesan and serve hot.