A fool proof Pressure Cooker Zucchini Basil Soup recipe which makes for a simple meal and is for all seasons. It's really convenient to make and is perfect for a weeknight dinner after a long day of work.
Be it monsoon or winters, you'll always find me making a warm cup of soup every time there's a slight nip in the air. And this Zucchini Basil Soup by my friend Amishi from Naive Cooks is one of my absolute favourites! It's perfect for those cosy winter evenings when you feeling staying tucked into a warm blanket with a mug of this hot soup to slurp on while watching Netflix! But the refreshing ingredients of this soup also means that you can just as easily have it on a hot summer evening, because believe it or not, this soup actually tastes incredible cold too!
Quick Walk Through: Zucchini Basil Soup
Reasons Why You'll Love This Soup
- It's a simple delicious soup that's actually perfect for all seasons
- Apart from zucchini and basil, this soup requires just a few other ingredients most of which are pantry staples
- Since it's made in the pressure cooker, this soup comes together in no time
- Naturally vegetarian and gluten free, this soup can be easily made vegan by adding replacing sour cream and yogurt with coconut cream
Absolutely. Not only does this soup last really well in the fridge for up to 3 days, but it also tastes really delicious cold. Whenever you're ready to eat, simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stove until heated through and serve.
Yes, you totally can! Once this soup is made, allow it cool completely before transferring to a container with a tight lid. Make sure to not fill it up to the brim to leave some room for the soup to expand. This soup can be frozen for up to 6 months. Simply thaw it in the fridge overnight and serve it either hot or cold.
Top Tips To Make The Best Zucchini Basil Soup
- Make sure to not add too much water to the pressure cooker as that could affect the flavors and textures of the soup. Add just enough to cover the ingredients for the best results.
- If you're in a hurry, you can always use an immersion blender to blend the soup directly in the pressure cooker. This will not give you the smoothest results, but it will be much quicker without any change in the taste.
A simple soup for all seasons – fresh zucchinis, basil and just a few more ingredients are all that you need to make this delightfully easy soup loved by all! And the fact that it's made in the pressure cooker means that making soup really cannot get faster and easier than this, right?
Pressure Cooker Zucchini Basil Soup
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Onion chopped finely
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped finely
- 2 zucchinis large, about ½ kg, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes as per your taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2.5 - 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Basil fresh leaves, lightly packed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese shredded for sprinkling
- If cooking in pressure cooker, warm oil. Once oil is heated add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
- To it add zucchini, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, water and basil leaves. Close the lid and then let it whistle for 3-4 times. Let it cool down. Once all the pressure has released, open the pressure cooker lid.
- Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. If it's too thick for your liking, add little water and mix. Heat it and once hot enough stir sour cream and yogurt. Taste and adjust spices. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and some lime juice (optional).
- In case you don't have a pressure cooker, just follow all the steps until before closing the lid and instead let the soup simmer until zucchini is softened. Then follow the rest of the recipe as is.