This Spicy Grilled Pineapple Salsa is an easy addition to your barbecue menu! Its sweet, spicy, really fresh and tropical. You’ll be making this all summer! It goes really well with any kind of meat or fish and makes a taco taste amazing!
I have to be honest here. This did not start as a recipe for the blog. Because I never thought a spicy grilled pineapple salsa would be something we’d come to love.
Recently at a family barbecue, a cousin grilled some pineapples. At first I wrinkled my nose at them. But not one to shy away from trying something new, I had to give it a go. Sprinkled with chili powder and tossed in lime juice, I wasn’t prepared for the explosion in my mouth when I bit into them. The taste is unforgettable. So when I chanced upon some beautiful baked beet taco shells at a gourmet store, I started thinking of flavor and color combinations. I couldn’t resist pairing the two.
We even had it the other day with some mini burgers for dinner. One bite and we were sold. In the end, we were shoveling salsa into our mouths. I have to admit, I love the color combinations. That beautiful deep pink of the taco shells looks stunning with bright yellow salsa. Taking these pictures were what a food bloggers dreams are made of (I hope I never see you again brown food). But more than that, this salsa is so many things. Its sweet, tart, spicy and so so fresh. The jalapeños and lime cut through the sweetness and the coriander just adds oodles of spunk to this quick dip/salsa/appetizer/salad. I still have so many ideas on how I can eat it. For now, I’ll settle down with a bowlful on the couch.
More 15 minute – Accompaniments:
- Spicy Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Indian Spiralized Cucumber Mint Raita
- Mango Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Garlicky Yogurt Party Dip
Spicy Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 4 Pineapple Slices
- 1 Onion Medium sized , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato Medium sized , finely chopped
- 1 Pepper Jalapeño , finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Lemon Juice of
- 1/8 cup Coriander Chopped
- to taste Salt
- Grill the pineapples in a sizzling hot pan for 3-4 minutes on each side. I used my cast iron skillet because I love the fact that it retains the heat, enhances flavors and gives the most beautiful grill marks.
- Once cooled, chop the pineapples finely and combine all the ingredients together. Adjust the seasoning and spice level to your taste.
- Let this sit in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.