Taking egg bhurji to the next level with this recipe. This street style egg bhurji recipe tastes just like the one at the thelas that open only in the night.
If you’ve ever had midnight cravings and hit one of the street stalls that do egg bhurji and pav bhaji in the middle of the night, you know what I’m talking about. And if you haven’t experienced that awesomeness, all the more reason to try this recipe!
Egg Bhurji is India’s take on scrambled eggs, only better! Because this version is spicy, garlicky and buttery. Egg bhurji or anda bhurji is awesome on its own, but we are really upping the game here.
It starts with the regular masala – which is stir fried ginger, garlic, green chillies, onions and tomatoes. But what we really change here is the spices that we add to it.
Richa’s Top Tips for Anda Bhurji
- Here’s the secret to that street style egg bhurji taste – kitchen king masala. Thats what every street vendor uses. It’s like an all spice kind of seasoning that combines tons of different spices to create a mix that has everything – flavour, spice, heat.
- Don’t skimp on the butter because that’s essential for that same flavour
- Cook the eggs till they are just cooked, because they’ll continue to cook for a few minutes after and you don’t want dry egg bhurji
When you add it to the eggs, they convert bland eggs into something way more awesome.
We are also adding a generous helping of butter to the eggs, right towards the end of the cooking process. Butter makes everything better and in this case, it really really does. So don’t skip it!
There are a few different ways you can serve egg bhurji. Just serve it with slices of toasted bread, but if you want to go desi, serve it alongside parathas or make an egg bhurji pav. Slit the pav in half, butter it on all sides and warm it on a pan. Then stuff it with egg bhurji, a few slices of red onions and you’ve got yourself egg bhurji pavs street style!
Love Eggs? More Recipes:
- Spinach Potato Frittata
- Spicy Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Baked Denver Omelet Casserole
- Savoury Garlic Oats with Fried Egg
- Indian Potatoes and Egg Skillet
- Indian Masala Omelet Frittata
- Indian Masala French Toast
- South Indian Style Egg Curry
Watch Street Style Egg Bhurji Recipe Video
Street Style Egg Bhurji
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green chilli finely chopped
- 1 Red onion finely chopped (medium)
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped (medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kitchen king masala
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4-5 Button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 5 Eggs lightly whisked
- 2-3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon Fresh coriander chopped
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chilies and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Next add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, kitchen king masala and salt and fry for a couple of minutes till the tomatoes break down slightly. Add mushrooms and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the lightly whisked eggs and cook on medium heat, whisking to mix them well with the masala till they are cooked.
- For a soft bhurji, cook the eggs until just set. If you like a well cooked bhurji, cook the eggs on low heat a little longer.
- Add the butter and cheese, mix through and take off heat.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander and enjoy hot on toasted bread or between buttered pav buns or with paranthas.