Weeknights are all about quick meals and this 30 minute Vegetarian Lasagna Skillet is going to become your go-to recipe! It's fast, easy, healthy, loaded with veggies and still has carbs to keep us happy. Which really just translates to perfect!
This 30 minute vegetarian lasagna skillet recipe post is sponsored by Big Banyan who make some of the best wines in India. Denver and I are particularly fond of their Merlot, a bottle of which is usually cooling in the fridge on most evenings.
We are big lasagna lovers, but let's be honest, who has the time to prep a lasagna casserole on weekdays anymore. Uh uh not us. We are lazy, lazy, lazy on weeknights, especially Mondays after we are full of takeout food from the weekend and still wishing we could wake up at 10. Enter this 30 minute vegetarian lasagna skillet which is our favorite way to make lasagna now. So much so that we rarely go the whole hog anymore!
This recipe is seriously a dump and run kind of recipe. I've timed myself while making this one and each time, I'm done in under 30 minutes, including prepping the veggies if you have super slow chopping skills like me 😉 If you hate chopping just buy pre-cut veggies to make things simpler.
You are absolutely going to love this stringy cheese, loaded vegetarian skillet full of lasagna goodness and I promise it'll be the best thing you ever made for yourself. With so many veggies, you will never even feel guilty about the carbs! Denver's a through and through meat lover, but even he gets excited about this veggie lasagna and is always ready to help with the prep if I say we are making this.
I also love the fact that I can sneak in a little wine while cooking this, which really adds to the flavors of this lasagna and gives the sauce more depth. Red wine works best, and if you can get your hands on a bottle of Big Banyan's Merlot you've got yourself a winner. Add about one fourth cup to the sauce while cooking, and see how the flavors become more intense.
We usually open the bottle of Merlot while making dinner, add a little to the food and serve us a glass while eating. I love the Merlot with this vegetarian lasagna skillet because the flavors marry so well. The merlot has a hint of plums, blackberries and pepper, all of which pair well with the creamy red sauce of this lasagna. This is a wine which really goes with anything except food which is too spicy. We've tried it with a variety of pastas, chicken and even red meats and it's subtle flavors always work. Look at me talking about wine like I'm an expert, but I can't help. The Merlot and Malbec are my favorites and I can go on and on about how good they are!
This is seriously one pot magic ???? Make it and love it ????
More One-Pot Recipes You Must Try:
- One Pot Vegetable Pasta
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Curry
- One Pot Mexican Rice and Sausages
- One Pot Curried Sausages and Potatoes
30 Minute Vegetarian Lasagna Skillet
Easy 30 minute vegetarian lasagna skillet is fast, easy, healthy, loaded with veggies and still has carbs to keep us happy.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Butter
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 200 grams Button Mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper roughly chopped
- 2 Carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Jar of your favourite Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup Big Banyan's Merlot or any other red wine
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 8-10 Lasagna Sheets broken into pieces
- ½ cup Loosely packed Basil leaves
- ½ cup Grated Mozzarella
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan for topping
- Heat olive oil and butter in a 12 inch skillet or frying pan and add garlic. Saute for a minute being careful not to burn the garlic and add mushrooms, bell peppers and carrots.
- Cook the vegetables on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes and add the pasta sauce and merlot. Bring this to a quick boil and reduce the flame to a simmer. Simmer for a minute or two and add oregano, chili flakes, milk and salt.
- Mix this together and add the broken lasagna sheet to the pan, mixing them as you go. Reduce the flame to low and cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the basil leaves and top with mozzarella. Cover again for another 2-3 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Top this 30 minute vegetarian lasagna skillet with freshly grated parmesan and serve with a glass of Big Banyan's Merlot.
- You can use any store bought red/tomato based pasta sauce. If you are looking to make it yourself, you can check out my Easy Pasta Sauce recipe for a basic red pasta sauce.
- Always use fresh basil as stale or old basil tends to be more bitter in taste causing it to overpower the dish.
- You can also use store bought pasta seasoning instead of oregano and chilli flakes.
Calories: 770kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 1102mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 12955IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 4mg
Subscribe Today!Sign-up here Email List!
This is DELICIOUS! I just made this for dinner tonight. Thank you for the recipe!
So glad you liked it Jessica!!