The other day I promised you these one pot curried sausages and potatoes on Instagram and here it is! It’s my one pot comfort food when I want it easy, when I want it spicy and when I want it warm and comforting. Because curry always always helps drive away those blues!
I’m seriously starting to hate being alone now! Denver’s been gone for more than a week and the blues are really starting to set in. Ughh I’m too used to having him around, especially around dinner time, catching up on the day and watching Netflix together.
The other day I was bummed about eating alone and ended up making something out of some frozen sausages which turned into this insanely delicious one pot curried sausages and potatoes. This is your answer to all those times when you need something quick and delicious, which isn’t always easy to do.
I ended up doing the whole recipe on Snapchat (my_foodstory) so next time you want a recipe before everyone else, follow me there! I end up doing soooo many sneak peeks of my recipes and it’s totally fun when you guys reply and we become snappy friends!
So the whole recipe on Snapchat in under 30 minutes because it was sooo soo easy. Only I think I need to do something about hand phone coordination because you know phone in left hand, ladle in the other sometimes doesn’t work and there is serious danger of phone falling into curry which won’t be good for either phone or curry!
I know this is just the kind of thing you guys are going to love. Because that’s how we roll. You and I. Bowl of curry and steamed rice or polenta and maybe some sliced onions and coriander on top. Purrrfeeeeeect!
In this weather, I’ll trade you ice cream for these steaming hot curried sausages. BTW there are tons of versions of this curry online. Jamie Oliver has one and then there is a coconut curried sausage version. This one’s like an Indian take on it and may just be the beeest one! Because nobody does curry better than us right?
Give these a shot because these are the best ever curried sausages. Loaded with potatoes, and made in one pot, it’s like a dream dinner option. I’m going to be making this for Denver once he’s back. And this time, some peas and carrots will go in too because that’s the only way to sneak veggies into his food!
Insanely delicious and super easy recipe for curried sausages and potatoes which needs only one pot and is ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons (Oil)
- 6 – 8 Sausages
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 2 Onions (, sliced)
- 1 Tomato (, diced)
- 1 cup Tomato (Puree)
- 1 Potato (large , peeled and diced)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (or Paprika)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- to taste Salt
- coriander (Chopped for topping)
- Heat oil in a pot and sausages and 1/4 cup water. Braise the sausages till the water evaporates and the sausages are light brown on all sides. Remove on a plate and set aside.
- In the same pot, add star anise and fennel seeds. Saute for a minute and add the onions. Cook the onions for 3-4 minutes and add tomatoes, tomato puree, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Cook this mixture for a few minutes so that the spices are cooked a bit.
- Add potatoes, 1 cup water and sausages to the pot. Bring this to a boil and simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes till the potatoes are cooked through. Switch off the flame and top with chopped coriander.
- Serve this One Pot Curried Sausages and Potatoes with steamed rice or chapatis.