Like promised, here's a fabulous chicken cobb salad that has all the right fixings including grilled chicken and lots of bacon! Serve this with a creamy avocado blue cheese dressing that's made with greek yogurt and you have dinner sorted. This isn't just a salad, it's a meal!
I had first cobb salad at Hard Rock Cafe when I didn't even know what a cobb salad was. It was as American as it could get! Though now I'm thinking - who orders a salad at Hard Rock?🤔😂
It came on a huge platter with all the salad fixings arranged in layer. It was super pretty and super good! I didn't share.
And now we make this hearty salad aka dinner every couple of weeks. Because there is something so so good about lettuce, chicken, bacon, corn, avocados and eggs when they are together. Especially when they are drizzled with a super creamy and sharp avocado blue cheese dressing.
Lighter Chicken Cobb Salad Dressing
The dressing for this chicken cobb salad is made lighter and low calories by substituting the mayonnaise for greek yogurt and avocados. This means that you can drown your salad in dressing! The main ingredients in the dressing are avocado, greek yogurt, olive oil, jalapeno, blue cheese and garlic. The dressing is balanced which means that it isn't super sharp and funky but it has enough blue cheese flavour to satsify.
Give this a Try: Avocado Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
There are quite a few cooked elements in this salad, but the end result is so good that the time spent cooking these is totally worth it! I have instructions to pan fry the chicken but you can always use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to save time or even leftover grilled chicken in this cobb salad. But whatever you do, don't skip anything! Because it's all the ingredients together that make this chicken cobb salad so amazing!
I hope you love this chicken cobb salad as much as I do!
More Salad Meals To Try:
- Barley Chicken Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
- Thai Peanut Mango Quinoa Salad (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad
- Southwest Chicken Quinoa Bean Salad
- Grilled Chicken Mango Salad with Mango Cilantro Dressing
Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Blue Cheese Dressing
- 6 cups Mixed green Lettuce
- 3 Hard boiled Eggs
- 6 Bacon Strips
- 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Grilled Corn
- 1 Avocado peeled and diced
- ½ cup Avocado Blue Cheese Dressing
- Cook the bacon strips till crispy and cut them into tiny pieces or crumble them. Quarter or slice the hard boiled eggs and roughly tear the lettuce.
- Place all the lettuce in a large bowl and top it with eggs, bacon, chicken, cherry tomatoes, corn and avocados. Serve the blue cheese dressing on the side.
- How to hard boil eggs: Place eggs in a pot and cover them completely with water. Bring them to a boil and as soon as the water starts boiling, turn off the flame and cover the eggs. Let it rest for 10 - 11 minutes for perfectly hard boiled eggs. Once boiled, place them in ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Peel and enjoy!
- How to cook chicken breasts: Rub salt, pepper and minced garlic on chicken breasts. Set aside for 10 minutes. To cook, heat a little oil in a pan and cook the breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side. Let them rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
- This is a really easy salad and you can increase the amount of each ingredient to your liking