Christmas is the official time to start bingeing and these Creamiest No Mayo Parsley Baby Potatoes with their homemade creaminess are a perfect reason to tell you why! The parsley brings out the best flavors in the creamy sauce and puts this recipe right on to my holiday season menu!
I think you can tell by now that we are preparing for holiday season. First it was the colorful Persimmon Salad, then the Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies and now the creamiest parsley baby potatoes without all the mayo!
I’ve been making all these recipes multiple times now, so that I’m prepared with my arsenal on the day of Christmas. Christmas lunch is going to be epic this year!
Christmas has always been a pretty fun festival. But I never really celebrated it till I married Denver. Diwali was always my favorite, but Christmas now shares the space.
It’s that time when everyone in the D’Souza family comes together to eat, laugh and swap stories. This year we have tons of family coming from the UK and all over the country. Some that I’ve never met even.
These parsley potatoes are the creamiest potatoes you’ll ever make, and all that without the mayonnaise! I hate the sticky, fatty feeling you get after eating store bought mayo and I’m always looking for ways to substitute it. This recipe is keeper, and you’ll be making it long after Christmas is over too.
I like to keep the skin on the potatoes because there is this earthy flavor that comes with skin-on potatoes that I absolutely love. But you can choose to remove it, if that’s not your thing. If you are a potato hater (I’ve never met one so far) then you can even try this with cauliflower or cottage cheese or even sweet potato. Anything goes with this creamy parsley sauce.
There’s a healthier version of this if you’d like to try: Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad (No Mayo)
BTW if you are planning a Christmas menu, I have a few more recipes coming up, so keep watching this space for more holiday recipes!
Add These To Your Christmas Feast:
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Sauce
- Roasted Spatchcock Chicken with Orange Rosemary
- Last Minute Plum Cake (Christmas Fruit Cake)
Creamiest No Mayo Parsley Baby Potatoes
- 500 g Baby Potatoes cooked skin-on , (See Note 1)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour or Maida
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 3 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup Cheese grated
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat butter and add flour. Cook the flour on low heat for 45 seconds.
- Add milk to the pan, while whisking continuously till there are no lumps. Bring this to a boil while stirring continuously. This avoids lumps in the sauce. Reduce the heat once the sauce comes to a boil.
- Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, cheese and the potatoes. Add more milk if the sauce is too thick. Cook for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame. Sprinkle with more parsley and serve hot.