Curried Roasted Cauliflower Bowl has everything – crunchy veggies, quinoa and an amazing tahini sauce that brings it all together. This is a healthy bowl that’s a fantastic plant based meal for days when you want keep it light.
Hey there! Bringing you another healthy recipe this January. Welcome bowl food, where you just pile 3-4 delicious things on top of each other and just dig in.
Thats what happened here. One random day, we tossed some cauliflower and red bell peppers in spices, roasted them in the oven. I made a quick tahini sauce and basically served it with some leftover quinoa. The result – amazing!!
That’s when I knew I had to share this curried roasted cauliflower bowl combination. Its pretty hands-off. You don’t have to spend hours stirring something and you can even prep everything ahead and just combine it together when you are ready to eat. Which is why this is also the perfect candidate for vegetarian meal prep.
I love cauliflower in all forms, but one of my favorite ways is definitely roasted. I love it when it browns around the edges in the oven and there are parts which are slightly burnt.
We are also using a combination of spices that gives this that curry flavor – paprika, cumin, curry powder and lime juice. Its spicy, tangy and there’s sooo much flavor here.
Don’t like cauliflower?
If you don’t like cauliflower, feel free to substitute it with broccoli, mushrooms, potatoes or tofu. Just use the same seasoning and let them roast in the oven.
Don’t have an oven?
If you don’t have an oven or don’t want to turn it on, just roast the veggies on the stove. I would par-boil the cauliflower first, then toss it in oil and spices and then pan roast them in some olive oil.
Substitutes for Quinoa
Don’t like quinoa or don’t have some in your pantry? Just use a different carb – white rice, brown rice, couscous, semolina, basmati, polenta will all work here really well.
In the video below, you’ll see that I also add some pickled onions. Those are not listed in the recipe because they are a personal preference.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Cauliflower Rice Broccoli Casserole
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Asian Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Chowder
- Tandoori Baked Cauliflower
Watch Roasted Curried Cauliflower Bowl Recipe Video
Curried Roasted Cauliflower Bowl + Tahini Sauce-3
- 1 cup Quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Red Bell pepper cut into cubes or sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper cracked
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 300 grams Cauliflower Florets
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Water ice cold (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 C/ 428 F.
- Toss the red bell peppers in 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and some olive oil and spread them out on half the baking sheet. Toss the cauliflower florets in curry powder, olive oil, salt, paprika, cumin powder, lemon juice and the lemon zest and spread them out on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven flipping the florets once in between. When ready, the cauliflower should be tender but with crisp and golden edges.
- In the meanwhile, wash the quinoa really well in a colander. Add quinoa, water and salt to a saucepan and bring it to a quick boil. Then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes till all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked through.
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients except water to a jar and shake well. Check the consistency and if the dressing doesn't come together or is too thick, add water to the jar and shake again.
- To serve, add 1/2-3/4 cup quinoa to a bowl and top with cauliflower and red bell peppers. Drizzle with tahini dressing and serve.
- Leftover roasted cauliflower can be added to pastas, salads, rice casseroles and even as pizza toppings.