This curry chicken salad sandwich is Indian inspired and finger licking good! You will want to eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
The only way I want to eat a chicken salad sandwich is if it’s tossed in something creamy. Old habits I guess. Because chicken sandwiches meant shredded chicken and onions tossed in mayo spread between thick slices of sandwich bread.
But we don’t do mayo anymore. I’m not a big fan of that aftertaste in my mouth that sandwiches full of mayo bring.
So we decided to swap it with some greek yogurt to make this a healthier sandwich that’s still as good!
We are doing a double layer of flavour by marinating the chicken in some simple spices first, cooking it on the pan and then either shredding or dicing it. This way the chicken is juicy and has flavour all the way through.
Dressing for this Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich
It starts with greek yogurt, which is tossed with honey, curry powder, garlic and salt. We use greek yogurt because its thick, creamy and works as a great substitute for mayo. It really keeps this light and tasty!
Lots of herbs
A lot of flavour and crunch in this salad comes from celery, spring onions and coriander (cilantro). We are using a lot of these because fresh herbs are such a great way to layer the flavour on. You can also add dill or chopped parsley. In fact, dill would work really really well here.
Once everything is all tossed up, you can use it immediately to build your sandwich or refrigerate it for a few hours.
Choice of Bread
The salad mix is kinda wet, so use thick slices if you are using sliced bread, or stuff it inside a bagel (like in the video) or even a burger bun. Something that would hold everything together. You can also add lettuce on the slices before piling on the salad because that would add as an extra layer and keep the bread from getting soggy.
Everytime we want lunch on the go or a really fast and easy snack, we just toss some of this salad! Soooo good, especially the flavour from curry powder and that turmeric! Try it!
More Sandwich Recipes You Might Like:
- Indian Masala Egg French Toast
- Fully Loaded Veggie Burger with Avocado Mint Chutney
- French Bread Pizza Toasts
- Keema Pav Burger | Indian Lamb Sloppy Joe
Watch how to make Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe Video
Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped Celery
- ½ cup chopped Green Onions
- ¼ cup chopped Coriander
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Water
- ¼ teaspoon Curry Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic minced
- Marinate the chicken in curry powder, paprika, salt and half the olive oil for ten minutes
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken breasts. Cook on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side till the breast is cooked through and the internal temperature registers 165F. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes and then dice or shred.
- Whisk together all the ingredients under dressing
- Add chicken, celery, green onions, coriander and salt to the dressing and toss well. Serve on lettuce leaves or between slices of bread, buns or bagel.