Here's a solution to your Sunday Lunch cravings! These Spiced Lamb Chops are flavored with rosemary and garlic and are served with figs roasted in honey and a balsamic reduction to tease your taste buds and satisfy them!
Its a beautiful Sunday morning here in Bangalore and Sunday morning's typically lead to planning for Sunday lunches. We knew these Spiced Lamb Chops had to feature on today's lunch. Imagine how excited we were when we found some figs at the local market too? Spiced Lamb Chops with Figs and Balsamic Reduction and maybe some sourdough bread to mop it all up. Plus a big glass of beer to wash it all down. Bliss.
Lately, we've been tripping on some good old stout - Murphy's. If you are a fan and love your beer like we do, this stout has a hint of coffee and caramel and is a perfect pairing for burger and fries. Or Chicken Wings. Or Pizza. Or these Lamb Chops. You get the point.
Let's talk about these lamb chops for a minute, shall we? While my favorite choice of meat is beef or seafood (don't know if I can call that meat), lamb comes a close third. Keema Pav, Mutton Yakhni and the famous Lal Maas will never taste as good if substituted by another meat. I love the gamey flavor of lamb and if well cooked, the meat can disintegrate into the gravy to leave you with bones full of marrow to suck on.These lamb chops are spiced with green chillies, garlic and rosemary. Our favorite part was sucking on those bones to get to every little shred of meat we could find and then scraping off the burnt bits from the pan.
While I run off to get another serving, why don't you give this a try? And BTW, are you on Pinterest and can we be friends please? Follow me and leave a comment with your Pinterest ID down below so that I can follow you back.
More Recipes You'll Like:
- Caramelized Onion Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- Pan Seared Orange Mustard Salmon
- Salmon Piccata with creamy Lemon Sauce
- Pressure Cooker Beef Bourguignon
Spiced Lamb Chops with Figs and Balsamic Reduction
For the Lamb Chops
- 4 Lamb Chops
- 8 - 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 2 Green Chilies
- Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
For the Figs with Balsamic Reduction
- 6 Figs half and fresh , sliced in
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 Star Anise
- For the Lamb Chops
- Grind together garlic, green chilies, rosemary, sea salt with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Marinate the chops in this mixture and set aside for anywhere between half an hour to two hours.
- Heat a grill pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the lamb chops once the pan is sizzling hot. Cook on each side for 10-12 minutes.
- For best results, let the chops rest for five minutes before serving.
- For the Figs with Balsamic Reduction
- Place the figs in a non stick grill pan on high heat. Grill them on either side for two minutes. We only want to scorch them slightly and not cook them to mush.
- In a small pan, add the balsamic vinegar, honey and star anise. Bring it to a boil, and then simmer for 8 minutes. The sauce will thicken up but will still be pouring consistency.