Simple and fun Strawberry Pepper Gin and Tonic cocktail is perfect for brunches and family lunches! Learn how to make this refreshing cocktail with a foolproof recipe and tips!
Fancy a fun and refreshing drink that's easy to make? Well, look no further, cause it’s Gin-o-Clock! That’s right, we’re back with yet another gin cocktail! Even though it's one of our favourite concoctions, this is the first time we've posted a Gin and Tonic recipe… I'm surprised!
We love that the original G&T doesn't need much work or intense bartending skills. It's a no-fuss kinda recipe with just two simple ingredients - Gin and tonic, and a lemon wedge. Since we're putting our spin on this recipe, this snazzy cocktail will have gin and tonic, fresh strawberries, crushed peppercorns, lime juice and simple syrup.
Strawberries in G&T
Strawberries are so perfect for gin and tonic. They're acidic and fruity and so juicy, perfect to add another dimension of flavour to the drink. In this cocktail, we've picked fresh strawberries with more sweetness instead of sourness. Muddling the strawberries with simple syrup will release all those acidic and fruity flavours. Strawberries also make this one a pretty pink drink! Save a nicer looking chunk of strawberry to stick into the rim of the glass - Makes for great presentation!
Berry, peppery, citrusy, acidic with a spicy finish - this one keeps the taste buds guessing
Pair your Strawberry and Peppercorn Gin and Tonic with either simple, clean flavours or with really complex dishes. Cheese and cheesy dishes also go well with G&T because the fizzy drink cuts right through the dense cheesy flavours.
Here are my suggestions:
- Thai Shrimp Cakes
- Easy Cheese Fondue
- Jalapeno Mac N Cheese
- Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio
- Thai Peanut Mango Quinoa Salad
- Bhetki Fish in Citrus Basil Butter Sauce
Top Tips and Tricks to make The Best Strawberry and Pepper G&T:
- Make sure you use strawberries which have a balance of sweet and sour tastes.
- If you can get your hands on a peppercorn flavored tonic, nothing like it! That would elevate this drink to the next level.
- You can adjust the quantity of peppercorns and the duration it is infused for, depending on how spicy you want your drink.
- Make a non- alcoholic version of this drink for teetotalers by leaving out the gin and slightly increasing the quantity of the other ingredients. You can also substitute the gin with Seedlip, a gin-like non-alcoholic drink.
More Cocktails You Must Try:
- White Wine Sangria
- Mint Strawberry Moscow Mule
- Sparkling Cucumber Chilli Gin
- Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktail
- 15 Traditional Cocktails with a Makeover
Strawberry Pepper Gin and Tonic
- 60 ml Gin
- 4 Strawberries sliced
- 4 whole Black Peppercorns
- 30 ml Simple Syrup
- 15 ml Lemon Juice
- 120 ml Tonic Water
- Ice as required
- Add half of the sliced strawberries and half of the peppercorns to a mortar and pestle. Lightly pound it to macerate the strawberries.
- Add the macerated strawberries to a glass. Add the ice, simple syrup, lemon juice, gin, tonic water and the remaining strawberries and peppercorns. Stir and mix!
Leave a Comment