Say hello to this healthy breakfast that will kick-start your day! This Vegan Spinach Ginger Smoothie Bowl has a really addictive thick and creamy texture. It is rich in antioxidants and makes for a great immunity booster. Top it up with your favorite fruits, seeds and nuts and enjoy the first meal of your day!
Is this too cliche for you guys? Enter New Year (Hello 2016!) and the first post is a smoothie bowl? But that’s how my real life is. Cliche and boring. Except for this blow-your-mind, immunity-boosting, antioxidant-rich vegan spinach ginger smoothie bowl. Because New Years’ are for resolutions, whether you keep them or not. I normally don’t. But let’s keep trying.
This year Denver and I had a pretty serious what’s-your-resolution talk. While we were stuck in traffic, on our way to a New Year’s Eve Barbecue party. Where we knew we were going to binge eat our way through the barbecue. Eating healthy, and being healthy were top of the list for both of us. Talk about team spirit! Because honestly, we’ve slacked last year. Between running the blog, working full time, managing personal time and life; exercise and being healthy took a serious back seat. Time to shake things up 2016!
Honest confession? I’ve never really had a smoothie I’ve liked. That is, till now. And I’m not just saying this because I want you to try this out, which I do. This smoothie is awesome because of top 3 reasons:
1. It’s in a bowl, and you can top it up with lots of fruits, seeds, nuts and all sorts of good, healthy things.
2. There’s spinach which is full of antioxidants and fiber and iron, but you can’t really taste it, which is purrfect when you don’t want to taste some bitter greens in your breakfast.
3. It’s thick and creamy, so you feel like you are eating porridge but what you are really eating is detoxing, immunity boosting green goodness.
Also, don’t think that you have to stick to just these ingredients. Anything works, but I like this combination best. Don’t have spinach? Try lettuce or kale instead. No bananas? Skip them and add another fruit like peaches, strawberries, plums or whatever’s in your fridge. No oats? Try chia seeds, cornflakes or muesli. Don’t like coconut milk? Don’t decide without trying, but add yogurt or milk instead. No ginger? That’s not optional. Because that ginger really rocks this smoothie. So Ginger = MUST ADD.
If you try this out, you need to tell me. Because I need to know if we are in this together? This smoothie loving, being healthy resolution for 2016. Drop me a comment or get in touch with me on whatever platform you love the most – Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. Let’s keep each other motivated this year!
A tasty, immunity-boosting recipe for vegan spinach ginger green smoothie bowl. 340 calories per serving.
- 2 1/2 cups Spinach (Baby)
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 Banana (large)
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (thick unsweetened)
- Blend everything (spinach, ginger, banana, oats, maple syrup and coconut milk) along with a few cubes of ice (5-6) in a blender till smooth.
- Chill for half an hour in the refrigerator if you don’t have ice because smoothie bowls are fantastic when cold.
- Serve in bowls topped with your favorite fruits, seeds and nuts. Consume within the hour.