These Baked Jalapeno Poppers are stuffed with mozzarella and cottage cheese which makes them really irresistible! The flavour of the spicy jalapenos combined with the gooey cheese makes this a perfect vegetarian crowd pulling appetizer!
It’s been a while since we spoke. And I’ll be honest here – these baked jalapeno poppers stuffed with cottage cheese were tested and shot last week. They are even better than the baked sticky chicken wings. This is a case of killing my own, but I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you.
But there’s a reason I’ve been away so long. My little sister is quite the artist and she has been patient with me for the last couple of months while I rejected the five hundred and twenty six logos that she’s made so far. All the designs were fantastic but I’m the mean-elder-sister. And then this one clicked and we are soooooo happy with it. If you still haven’t figured what I’m talking about, look right up to the top of the blog. You see it now? It’s fun, colorful and slightly crazy – just like us here at My Food Story. I think the colorful bars on top and bottom are just pure genius. I really really hope you like it as much as I do. I’m going to do a little plug-in here and tell you to check out her design firm – Ink Design Co, where you can get a cool logo like mine.
In other news, there have been complaints. Lots of them. Because I don’t post too many vegetarian recipes. I know it’s true. But you see, Denver and my love for everything meat just goes a long way. And that’s usually what we eat at home. But I hear you. And I now resolve to do as many vegetarian recipes as I can. Are we friends again?
I found these Jalapeno Poppers at Foodhall the other day. They looked so fat and bright and green and the first idea that popped was poppers. You must get your hands on them if I don’t beat you to it. Race?
These poppers are hot. And yum. And hot. So please be careful there. But I love them like that. I mean what fun is it if you don’t have tears in your eyes but can’t stop eating right? Though there is a very easy way to make these less spicy. Just remove the seeds when you make a slit. The seeds contain all the heat and once you remove them, you’ll have all the flavor but less heat. I stuffed them with a mix of paneer (cottage cheese) and mozzarella and the inside was incredibly gooey. Icing on the cake. Just like cheese on Jalapeno Poppers. Forgive the cheesiness.Print
Crisp, baked Jalapeno Poppers stuffed with Cottage Cheese and stringy mozzarella are an easy to make and super addictive appetizer.
- ½ cup Paneer (grated Cottage Cheese)
- ½ cup Mozzarella (grated)
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (Sriracha or any other)
- teaspoon Tomato (Ketchup)
- ¼ cup Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- Strips of Bacon chopped in small pieces (Optional)
- Pre heat oven to degrees 200.
- Cut Jalapenos lengthwise in remove the seeds if you like these less spicy half.
- Combine paneer, mozzarella, sriracha, tomato ketchup and spring onions half.
- Stuff each Jalapeno mixture half.
- Spread bread crumbs out on a plate and place Jalapenos face down on the breadcrumbs so that the breadcrumbs stick to the mixture.
- Place Jalapenos on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil with the skin side down and sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve hot.
I didn’t add any salt to the recipe because the sriracha, ketchup and cheese added quite a bit, but please taste the mixture and season it according to your taste.