I’ve told you why I love summer. Here’s another reason.
This Chilled Cucumber Soup is so refreshing that I want to take a bath in it. Now that’s a weird enough reason to make it, isn’t it? Just so you could tell me if you agree?
It’s not a new recipe and I haven’t made a breakthrough, but I did use my favorite herb – Curry Leaves to give it a slightly Indian twist. I can see my sister rolling her eyes because I’m infamous in the family for my secret relationship with curry leaves, I just can’t get over them. Pragya claims that I can add them to everything, given a chance. I kinda agree. Curry leaf pesto? Now that’s an idea I should probably act upon. Or not? We’ll find out soon enough..
Before we dive into the soup, (forgive the pun but I really really like this soup) I have to tell you something. I get my best ideas just before I fall asleep. Its weird I know because most people get theirs when they are reading magazines every morning 😉 but my inner genius wakes up when I’m about to sleep and when my day ends. Last night was hot and clammy and the fan wasn’t helping. I wanted something cold to drink but too lazy you see. As usual, I started thinking about food. And how I love soup. Soup? Its too hot to make or consume it. What about cold soup? Hmm.. You know where this is going by now, right?
Try this and tell me you want to bathe in it too :P. You can thank me later for this wonderful recipe. Get ready to feel super fresh and rejuvenated.
Also follow me on Instagram for more drool-worthy updates
More Delicious Soups:
- Detox Cabbage Soup
- Roasted Tomato Pesto Soup
- Healthy Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Thai Ginger Carrot Soup in a Pressure Cooker
Chilled Cucumber Soup: A Summer Drink
- Cucumbers 4 medium sized (I used English )
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- Mint Leaves handful
- 2 cups Yoghurt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Green Chilli
- Salt to Taste
- Cut the cucumber into cubes. I like to leave the skin on for fibre and color, but you can peel them if you prefer
- Place everything in a blender and blend till smooth
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so before serving
- Garnish with beaten yoghurt, extra virgin olive oil or mint leaves