Roasted Pineapple Moscow Mule is our take on the classic cocktail! Here is the recipe to make this fizzy, sweet and sour drink that's perfect for a brunch with the bunch!
Who doesn’t love a good cocktail over the weekend? Or on Wednesday night to beat the mid-week blues! Homemade cocktails are so flavourful and kinda fun! And Moscow Mule is a classic that we love love love!
We've tweaked the classic Moscow Mule recipe and made a version with Roasted Pineapple. It's a beautiful combination of vodka, citrus and ginger beer. It's fizzy and refreshing, and the roasted pineapple makes it all the more irresistible! This recipe for Moscow Mule will keep you coming back for more!
Also see: Mint Strawberry Moscow Mule
The Classic Moscow Mule Ingredients
Did you know that the Moscow Mule did not originate in Moscow? Lol. Legend goes that it saved the Vodka brand Smirnoff from going out of business! A classic Moscow Mule has 3 ingredients - ginger beer and vodka, and that quaint little copper mug it's served in! This cocktail is very citrus-y, packs a spicy kick from the ginger beer and is fizzy and very refreshing. Perfect for a Sunday Brunch, a day at the beach or whenever you crave for one.
Roasted Pineapple - Go Tropical!
Moscow Mule with roasted pineapple is literally a festival of vibrant flavors on your palette. We've added chunks of grilled pineapple to the cocktail. Grilling pineapple really caramelises the sugars in it and infuses smokiness. It's DELISH to eat it just like that too! We've muddled the chunks a little so that it's flavours get properly incorporated in the drink.
Serve the Moscow Mule in that signature Copper mug, if you can get your hands on it. Or even a highball glass will do.
Gingery, sweet, citrusy, smoky notes from grilled pineapple, refreshing, brunch feels
This vodka cocktail pairs best with spicy, tangy food with a lot of fresh flavors. Cuisines like Mexican, Cajun, Thai and Indian would work beautifully well with this smasher of a cocktail!
Here are some of my personal favourite food pairings:
- Tilapia Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad
- Tandoori Prawns
- Crispy Baked Onion Pakodas
- Tandoori Baked Cauliflower
- Butter Chicken with Naan, pickled onions, green chillies
Top Tips to make The Best Roasted Pineapple Moscow Mule
- Choose a sweeter pineapple than a sour one.
- Do not over-grill the pineapple, that will make the drink bitter.
- Ginger ale can be used as a substitute for ginger beerIf you enjoy a spicy drink, add a slit green chilli into your glass, the drink goes up a notch.
- You can make a non- alcoholic version by just leaving out the vodka and slightly increasing the quantity of the other ingredients.
- Use a couple of ice cubes at the bottom to form a platform and top the glass with crushed ice.
- Put the straw in before adding the crushed ice as that makes it difficult to get to the bottom!
Try out this mule cocktail and let me know what you think! Cheers! 🙂
More Fun Cocktails to Try:
- White Wine Sangria
- Mango Jalapeno Fizzy Cocktail
- Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktail
- 15 Traditional Cocktails With A Makeover
Roasted Pineapple Moscow Mule
- 3-4 Pineapple Wedges
- 60 ml Vodka
- 10 ml Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Simple Syrup
- 120 ml Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale
- Ice as required
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Once hot, place the pineapple wedges and grill for a minute or two on each side.
- In a short glass or a Moscow Mule copper glass, add the grilled pineapple, simple syrup and lemon juice. Lightly muddle together.
- Add ice and pour the vodka and ginger beer over it. Use a stirrer to mix and combine.
Leave a Comment