This Sweet Chili Tofu Stir Fry is a saucy, Asian style vegan and gluten free dish that takes under 20 minutes to get ready and is really easy to make. The sweet and spicy sauce wraps itself around the tofu to give out a brilliant flavor that will satisfy the Asian food lover in you!
There’s mid week madness going on and what’s keeping me alive? This Sweet Chili Tofu Stir Fry. Piping hot, slightly sweet, but majorly spicy sauce that wraps itself all over that tofu and gives me fifteen minutes of phenomenal happiness in this otherwise crazy day. It is a dish worth looking forward to and makes for a perfect dinner. It tastes fantastic with rice as well as noodles- take your pick! Its really easy to cook and is really delicious so I hope you’re ready to over eat, just a bit. Thank me later 😉
There is a truck load of work that needs wrapping up because I’m getting ready for an epic holiday with my best friends from all over and I just can’t wait for it. Where are we going? Umm we don’t know yet. What we do know is that we will be spending next week attached at the hip and reminiscing about old times . What can be more fun for four girls who haven’t spent four minutes together in months? I am really looking forward to this much needed break and whatever we finally end up doing, I promise you’d be the first to know. Pinky swear.
Why don’t you give me some suggestions? We want ideas on where we can go around Bangalore for a couple of days; like a weekend getaway but slightly longer. You’ve had an epic trip that you don’t mind telling me about? Leave a comment below and let’s touch base super quick. Budget ideas please!
For now, I’ll leave you with this recipe and go plan my trip. Can’t make it now? Just PIN it for later.
Sweet Chili Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 5 - 6 cloves Garlic chopped finely
- 1 inch Ginger piece of , julienned
- 2 Chilies Green, slit lengthwise
- 1 Onion cut into squares
- 200 g Tofu cut into squares
- ½ cup Green Bell Peppers red and cut into squares, one inch each
- Salt to taste
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili paste Soak 3 dried red chilies for 30 minutes and grind into a fine paste
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce Light
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- ½ cup Water
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute on high heat for 30 seconds and add the onions.
- Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. The onions should start to become translucent but still be crunchy. Add the tofu and bell peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients under sauce and add to the pan.
- The sauce will start to thicken and bubble. Keep stirring as you cook on medium heat for a few minutes till you are happy with the consistency of the sauce and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice noodles or steamed rice.