Creamy roasted pumpkin soup with rosemary has all the right fall/winter vibes. Its ridiculously easy and is gloriously thick and creamy. I love serving this with a side of crusty, cheesy bread that's dipped into the soup again and again!
I'm drowning myself in bowls of this creamy roasted pumpkin soup. In a good way.
Because look at that glorious creamy pumpkin-ness. Isn't that calling your name too?
Now here's the thing. You might be thinking - one more pumpkin soup recipe Richa - why? Because when you make a creamy roasted pumpkin soup - you are literally cutting so much work out. No labouring over the stove, waiting for things to boil and simmer and all that.
Just dice it all up, throw it on a baking tray and let the oven do its sweet magic. Which it does. The oven slowly heats and then starts roasting till everything has a deep flavor, is soft and creamy and ready to blended.
Which is basically the next step in the recipe - blending roasted veggies and nuts.
Blend the veggies with some milk and stock till smooth and creamy. And this is where the nuts come in. We are adding both cashews and almonds in this recipe. They add a beautiful nutty flavor and extra creaminess which only comes from nuts. That's 2 in one.
What's unique about Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Roasting pumpkin and other veggies adds more depth and flavor to the soup
- Roasting is a hands off process so you can just stick everything in the oven and walk away till its done
- Cashew nuts and almonds add more flavor and creaminess to the soup
- Onion and garlic - don't skip these! They balance the natural sweetness of the pumpkins
- Rosemary is a herb that's not used very often in pumpkin soup but it goes really well with pumpkin. You'll never look back and use anything else again!
The consistency of this pumpkin soup is really thick and creamy so here's a quick note: while blending, feel free to increase the amount of liquid if you want the soup to be thinner.
More Hearty and Healthy Soups:
- Winter Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
- Roasted Tomato Pesto Soup
- Vegetarian Pho Soup
- Creamy Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Thai Ginger Carrot Soup
- Chicken Manchow Soup
- Zucchini Basil Soup
- Barley Chicken Fall Soup
Watch Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe Video
Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Rosemary
- 500 grams Pumpkin peeled and diced
- 1 cup Onions diced(125g)
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 10 -12 Almonds whole
- 10-12 Cashew nuts whole
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 ½ cup Stock / water
- 1-2 tablespoons Cream optional, to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- In a baking tray arrange the pumpkin, onions, garlic, cashews and almonds. Drizzle all over with oil and honey evenly. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle rosemary on top. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, till the pumpkin is soft.
- In a blender add all the roasted ingredients along with milk and stock/water. Blend this till its smooth. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little extra liquid if required. Serve warm with a drizzle of cream on top.
- Best pumpkins for pumpkin soup: You can use any kind of eating pumpkin for this soup, including butternut squash which is from the pumpkin family
- Is this pumpkin soup healthy: Clocking in at approximately 171 calories per serving, this is a pretty healthy soup. Which is why I recommend the cheesy bread to go with it!
- Cutting the pumpkin: Use a sharp knife to first cut the pumpkin in half, then quarters and further till you have 1 inch slices. These can be peeled and then diced further into 1 inch dices.
- Vegan roasted pumpkin soup: This soup can easily be made vegan by swapping coconut milk for milk in the recipe