These Diwali recipes are quick and easy, and will make the festive season even more fun. Because you won’t be spending hours in the kitchen and can actually spend more time with your family. A collection of appetizers, mains and desserts for you to choose from.
Here’s a list of the recipes for quick access:
- Aloo Chaat
- Cheese Samosa
- Aloo Paneer Tikki
- Punjabi Samosas
- Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes
- Green Coriander Chutney
- Dal Makhani
- Chana Masala
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Vegetable Korma
- Saag Paneer
- Palak Pannerloa
- Dhaba Style Dal Fry
- Instant Naan
- Chana Pulao
- Jeera Rice
- Vegetarian Pulao
- Raw Mango & Turmeric Rice
- Crispy Jalebi
- Rice Kheer
- White Chocolate Truffles
- Garam Masala Apple Cake
- Chocolate Rice Kheer
- Quinoa Apple Kheer
- Baileys Chocolate Ice Cream
Appetizers and Snacks for Diwali
1. Easy Delhi Style Aloo Chaat is such an addictive snack. Potatoes fried in ghee and then tossed in spices for a super chatpata flavour. I like to finish this off with tamarind chutney, fresh ginger and sev.
2. Jalapeno Cheese Samosa are perfect when you want make-ahead samosas. Wrap them, freeze them and fry just before your guests arrive.
3. Aloo Paneer Tikkis are simple to make, pretty healthy and fantastic when paired with coriander chutney.
4. Punjabi Samosas are slightly time consuming to make but so worth it! get some friends together, sit around the table, sip on cups of chai and wrap samosas like old times.
5. Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes is the kind of snack you make for your best friends. Fried potato fingers are tossed in a sesame honey chilli sauce that’s sweet and spicy and will give you sticky fingers that you’ll be licking.
6. Green Coriander Chutney – It doesn’t matter what your menu is. If you are making something crispy, spicy and chatpata, this chutney is a must have!
Check out more Diwali snack recipes here
7. Dal Makhani is the queen of all Diwali menus. Thick, smokey dal made quicker in a pressure cooker to creamy consistency.
8. Spicy Chana Masala is fabulous chickpea curry that goes so well with jeera rice and parathas
9. This Paneer Butter Masala recipe will remind you of that perfect restaurant like taste!
11. This healthy Saag Paneer which is an easy, Indian recipe that’s full of flavour and uses a combination of mustard greens or arugula and spinach.
13. Dhaba Style Dal Fry should be on every Diwali table, especially when you are in a hurry!
14. Instant Naan for when nothing else but naan will do. This one takes only 30 minutes!
15. Chana Pulao is a simple one pot dish that’s flavoured with lots of spices so that every bite is a riot.
16. Jeera Rice may look simple but it’s definitely the star of every Diwali table. This recipe only takes 10 minutes!
17. This pressure cooker Veg Pulao recipe is fragrant, fluffy and perfect every single time!
18. Raw Mango and Turmeric Brown Rice to add some colour to the table!
Diwali Recipes for Desserts
19. Thin and crispy Jalebis are everyone’s undoing. Make them at home now with easy step by step instructions that’ll give you the best homemade jalebis every single time.
20. This easy Rice Kheer or chawal ki kheer is probably the most popular Indian dessert there is. Made with long grained basmati rice and sweetened with condensed milk, it’s simple enough that you can make it often, and elegant enough to serve to guests!
22. Garam Masala Apple Cake is beautiful, delicious and fragrant with the heady flavours of garam masala. A little work, but so worth it!
23. Gear up for Diwali with this Festive Chocolate Rice Kheer aka pudding aka creamy, delicious, chocolatey Indian dessert made with rice that you can enjoy cold or warm depending on how the weather is your side of the woods.
24. Are you counting calories but also counting days before you can cheat? This Healthy Quinoa Apple Kheer is the perfect dessert for you!
25. This Baileys Chocolate Ice Cream does not require an ice cream machine; is super creamy, really chocolatey and comes together in minutes!
These Diwali recipes are sure to make this festive season even more special! Pick your favourites and build your own menu – something that’ll work for you. And have a happy and safe diwali!